Out of work suggestion.

It might have already been suggested but i'll put the idea out there at the risk of abuse :)

Right i'v just quit my job at Reading and i've decided to holiday for until the end of the season and then it hit me. It'd be a great addition to be able to select where you holiday, now this may seem stupid, pointless and appear to have no effect on the game. But say if you selected to holiday to Italy then you could gain knowledge of that country, some players and maybe the way the overall game is played(like in england the pace is faster, and in italy it's rather slow.) basically being a sort of scout for a while. This would help managers like myself who start at teams in the small leagues and aim for european dominance as it'd be easier on the finances. And upon returning to the game, you get a report of sorts explain in detail; players whos contracts are ready to expire or have expired, the overall countries style of play etc.

So what you guys think?

cant say im too intrigued, if you holiday then you are exactly that, on holiday. What you are looking for you can do by not going on holiday and just being unemployed, watching games and using the player search, here you can do what you have said

I find this as a good idea.It would be good,since country knowledge,affects the players we sign,and how they settle.It would be good

I think it would make a good addition. You could pick up on language and knowledge and have more chance of getting a job then.

I like

I do think its a good idea maybe, Particularly if you wanted to get an Italian job you could holiday there and maybe get approached by a club. Kind of like letting te game know you want to direct your career towards that country.

don't think it works that way.

manager walking down street, chairman sees manager, chairman offers manager job.

you have to apply for jobs mate

It might be an ideal way of picking up a language. However don't see the affect it can have, your more likely to gain more scouting knowledge in the country that you holidayed in. As its the players communicating with each other that would have the greater importance, the manager that holidayed will of have gained some benifit, though its more likely to be gaining the scouting aspects of the game.

For instance I am a sunday football player manager and retire from my BSP team, I think that I can't afford to go on holiday to Italy for more then one week (or two). So this should then be linked to your status. In general I think that the idea is something which could be used, but just holday i na country will not be enough, you should attend games to gain knowledge and that is dificult when being on holiday in the game, so it should we worked out further.

For instance I am a sunday football player manager and retire from my BSP team, I think that I can't afford to go on holiday to Italy for more then one week (or two). So this should then be linked to your status. In general I think that the idea is something which could be used, but just holday i na country will not be enough, you should attend games to gain knowledge and that is dificult when being on holiday in the game, so it should we worked out further.

Good point, well maybe once you select holiday and which country you can then decide on a league or team to watch for the duration of the holiday. The team is incase the manager is underpressure and your after his job, so you can get a good idea of the team before hand!

Archived