FM2008 Mac opinions plz....

Hi to all,

Just so you know, I'm a long time player of the CM/FM series of games...can remember getting a replying from one of the Collier brothers after writing in to them, before the days of email, about CM1. icon_smile.gif

Anyway, the last version of FM that I brought was 2006 if I remember rightly, which was for the PC. I have since seen the light and gone off and purchased a Mac, which leads me on to my question.

What exactly are the differences, if any that I should be aware of. Can I simply purchase the PC version and off I go? Have read (could be me reading this incorrectly) that with the Mac you do not have the option to edit the players etc, is this the case and if so is there anything else like this example that I should be aware of, so to soften the blow if you catch my meaning.

Thanks in advance for any replies!!

Hi to all,

Just so you know, I'm a long time player of the CM/FM series of games...can remember getting a replying from one of the Collier brothers after writing in to them, before the days of email, about CM1. icon_smile.gif

Anyway, the last version of FM that I brought was 2006 if I remember rightly, which was for the PC. I have since seen the light and gone off and purchased a Mac, which leads me on to my question.

What exactly are the differences, if any that I should be aware of. Can I simply purchase the PC version and off I go? Have read (could be me reading this incorrectly) that with the Mac you do not have the option to edit the players etc, is this the case and if so is there anything else like this example that I should be aware of, so to soften the blow if you catch my meaning.

Thanks in advance for any replies!!

Everything is exactly the same. The editor is included and working on a Mac too. You use the same cd as the PC too.

The only difference is that third party tools, such as FMGenie and FMM and Mini-scout will not work with the mac.

To get round this you can instal parrells or bootcamp.

I have found that it runs slightly faster on a mac than on a pc due to osx's more efficent memory handling/process scheduler.

Be champions

Nice one, appreciate the reply. TBH, the saved game editors have never been something I've enjoyed using. However, I have been partial to using the pre-editor to include friends, or as it stands now my kids into the teams I start up.

Thanks again!

Archived