Player interaction when unhappy

Once again the lack of options when interacting with a player caused a major upset in my team. Due to the financial situation of my team I can only have a limited amount of players for the first team, not easy keeping championship class of the team with a 60k wage budget and a 10k seat stadium. Well for my second championship season I manage to sign a new right midfielder from Chelsea, this player has a few caps under his belt and has really good attributes and my scouts are happy, one of my players expresses his delight and a former profile aswell. Well due to the finances I'm forced to sell my previous right midfielder and offer him to clubs for about twice his value. I get two offers coming in and I accept them with the due to financial reasons option. The player tells me that he understand why I have accpeted the offers and that he hope that his departure can help the financial situation and later on he accepts one of the offers.

Now my player that was so happy about my new right midfielder is angry that I sold the player. Looking at the options in the interaction there is no way I can say that I sold him due to the finances or because we got a new player for the situation. The only option that is even close to the truth is that we got several players that can play his position, as I'm not looking for a replacement as I already replaced him. Now my player is unhappy and wants a transfer and there is nothing I can do to sooth him, a new contract is not an option again due to financial reasons and the fact that he doesn't want one. The fact that he is unhappy and wants a transfer is also making some other players unhappy. If playerinteraction is to have such a big influence there has to be enough options for the answers.

I see your point, but unfortunately these things happen. If SI were to come up with a response to everything that made players unhappy it would take too much time. Plus the list would be humungous. I would however in .0.3 like to see a player response to "lost confidence". You put that in the game and then ignore the fact that we need a solution :D

Well I'm not expecting everything, but usually when you sell one of your top players you do it for a reason, either financially or because you got something better instead. I just think that it is weird that you get to say that I'm selling you because I can't afford to keep you but then when someone protest you can't follow it up with the same explanation, but have to find another reason.

What makes it even more annoying is that he still wants to move, but have the new player I got instead of the one I sold (that made him want to move in the first place) listed as good relationship.

I signed the new player for free as he was cheaper than the player I sold after I had secured a new player. No matter how I twist and turn it I need to have a right midfielder. I just find it annoying that I wasn't able to tell my player that got unhappy over the sale that I already have gotten a replacement. As it is now I don't think the options you got for interaction make any sense in this situation.

My finances are holding pretty good aslong as I don't have too many high rated players on high wages for the same spot. Therefor I tend to sell players off at the same rate I sign first team players. The only way I actually have to make money is to sign younger players let them grow for a season or two and replace them.

I signed the new player for free as he was cheaper than the player I sold after I had secured a new player. No matter how I twist and turn it I need to have a right midfielder. I just find it annoying that I wasn't able to tell my player that got unhappy over the sale that I already have gotten a replacement. As it is now I don't think the options you got for interaction make any sense in this situation.

My finances are holding pretty good aslong as I don't have too many high rated players on high wages for the same spot. Therefor I tend to sell players off at the same rate I sign first team players. The only way I actually have to make money is to sign younger players let them grow for a season or two and replace them.

I agree that the lack of options is not good. It's maybe even an in game flaw, where the game doesn't recognise the fact that outside factors should be taken into account when deciding whether a player should be unhappy over a decision.

Archived