Anyone's Club Been Taken Over?

Just playing as manager of Huddersfield in league 1 after quitting as manager of Bradford City and got a news report in that a Chinese businessman is planning to takeover Tranmere Rovers (Also in league 1) and make £36.5m available for transfers! Lucky Ronnie Moore (Current manager).

This made me wonder, has anyone been managing a club with low or no money and a rich person come in, takeover the club and make loads of cash available for new players? I'm in my 3rd season at the moment and haven't had the experience, but would love it to happen.

my sheff wed got taken over by a malta tycoon he invested the clubs tranning and youth facilities to the max and never let the clubs balance drop below 25 million in the chapionship and never below 35 million in the prem.but he has withdrew he financial help after 2 and a half years.

My girlfriends Leeds side got taken over by a tycoon towards the middle of the 3rd season gave a transfer budget of £37 million and constantly pumped more and more money into the club. Upgraded the training and youth set up to the best it can be and added 20k worth of seats to the ground. Then in the 4th season gave a £100 million transfer budget despite only having £51 million bank balance but as soon as the balance got near £0 he kept adding more money.

Had a takeover at Annan whilst in Scottish Division 2. The new chairman is frantically ugrading the facilities and has put £14.5m in the club's coffers. He's given me a £5.5m transfer budget. Hard work spending that in SD2.

My Pompey team got taken over after the 1st transfer window. My owner would put about £30m in the tranfser budget every year. I have now won the Premiership and CL in my 4th year and got a message saying he is withdrawing his financial support. He will continue to be chairman and owner but wont be giving me any more money.

I am worried as I have a wage budget of £1.4m and my new staium is only 26000, I now have to support myself financially and am still expected to win the league and CL.

I have already started the fire sale, Kaka is up for sale after just 1 season, cant afford his £125k a week wages. Just sold Ben Foster for £250k just to get his wages off the books and Veloso is going as I have Hamsik and and quality regen AMC.

Bad times at the new Portsmouth Stadium :(

After clearing a £3m debt at Charlton, when West Brom offered me the job in the Premier league, needless to say i took it and lo and behold Charlton complete a takeover with the new owners creating £4m to spend for new manager Sol Campbell...

Keep veloso and get rid of hamsik, you wont regret it. Hamsik is a moany bast*** in the long run, seriously.

Hamsik is superb for me, loads of goals and assists. The main reason why is I offered them both to clubs and got offered £22m for Hamsik, I got offered £41m for Veloso by City so he is off.

Poor you mkus, I'm in league 1 with a transfer budget of £58k and a wage budget of £48k, lol

Yeah, well, unless you are a professional club in SD2 I defy you to be able to spend more than 0.1% of my transfer budget.

No player good enough to actually worth some money is interested in joining (despite us finishing second last year and being close to promotion this).

when i got taken over by a consortium with Ajax, Hans Berger the new chairman promised 20million in the coffers & money for new training facilities for my young players. 3 weeks after he took over, he told me i could keep my job, but the upgrade to the facilities were no longer needed! i was slightly anoyed.

Atleast i got the 20million to clear the debt.

my friend got relagated with pompey, then he got promoted by loaning young stars and selling his best players (defoe, diarra etc.), on his 1st couple of months in the premiership he bought some big players but them went into admin. he got deducted 10 points and just approaching december he was 19th, when a japanese exportiam took over, he then spent 130mill in january and ended up 8th and the end of the season so i think thats a good take-over,

what do you think???

my friend got relagated with pompey, then he got promoted by loaning young stars and selling his best players (defoe, diarra etc.), on his 1st couple of months in the premiership he bought some big players but them went into admin. he got deducted 10 points and just approaching december he was 19th, when a japanese exportiam took over, he then spent 130mill in january and ended up 8th and the end of the season so i think thats a good take-over,

what do you think???

Yep sounds like the Japanese saved his bacon there. I wouldn't know what to do with £130m, I generally only go for cheap players or young talents, much like Arsene Wenger.

Yep sounds like the Japanese saved his bacon there. I wouldn't know what to do with £130m, I generally only go for cheap players or young talents, much like Arsene Wenger.

me too but my mate kinda bought some young (very talented players) and some world class players such as vidic, j. cole , rafael, fabio, benzema etc. i dont know how he did it but later on he got sacked and went to eastbourne( his home town team) just after they got taken over and he got them into league 2 playoffs but lost to somebody ( lincoln i think) pretty good aye?

Archived