PDA

View Full Version : Feeder clubs

Ricky888
26-01-2009, 13:27
Hi, i heard somewhere that you could approach a team with a view to them becoming your feeder club, rather than relying on crappy board recommendations. Is it possible to do this?

gillsminnow
26-01-2009, 13:31
the answer is yes, it's possible.

cornwallgunner
26-01-2009, 13:33
Is something you can do from the off or something you get allowed to do if you earn the trust of the board?

Glenn Wakeford
26-01-2009, 13:34
You can do this once you have the board's trust. It can take a few seasons.

sharpeOne
26-01-2009, 13:38
ive been in charge of plymouth for 3 years now and the board have just let me choose my first feeder club

wez007
26-01-2009, 13:40
I have this option, tyring to get one of Japanese teams to accpet but they arent having it

uppercut
26-01-2009, 13:43
what are the factors for a team accepting/declining a feeder offer?

obviously i wont be able to pick a large european team (heh) but i'd like to pick a lower rep'd team in the same top flight division to give my guys max experience from first team games, anyone ever done that?

james-99
26-01-2009, 13:47
ye it is possible but only once you've been a while at the club and you have earnt the trust the board.

wez007
26-01-2009, 13:49
Sorry to hijack this but been meaning to ask for a while..
What teams are the most financially beneficial? I heard clubs from Japan...?

uppercut
26-01-2009, 13:57
japan, china and the usa iirc?

Glenn Wakeford
26-01-2009, 14:28
South Korea can always be quite profitable.

richjb78
26-01-2009, 14:48
what are the factors for a team accepting/declining a feeder offer?

obviously i wont be able to pick a large european team (heh) but i'd like to pick a lower rep'd team in the same top flight division to give my guys max experience from first team games, anyone ever done that?

Try choosing a team with a geographical location close to yours. Like you said if you manage a small team your not going to get European giants.

wez007
26-01-2009, 14:52
Try choosing a team with a geographical location close to yours. Like you said if you manage a small team your not going to get European giants.

Luton = South Korea. Ok not that close but will give it a go anyway, anything to keep me in the black

richjb78
26-01-2009, 15:32
Luton = South Korea. Ok not that close but will give it a go anyway, anything to keep me in the black

It was in response to uppercut's post as he is wanting to send players out on loan...

uppercut
26-01-2009, 19:37
if you're a european giant, will you realistically be able to get a team in the same league that isnt going to go straight down? :)

lukegjpotter
26-01-2009, 20:38
if you're a european giant, will you realistically be able to get a team in the same league that isnt going to go straight down? :)

In England you cannot have a feeder that is in the same League as you.

I just started my 3rd season and the board let me choose what type of affiliation I would like.

I read some where that some player got A.C. Milan as a feeder, he was in 2020 or something like that.

One of the guys on the Liverpool fourm said that he got Celtic as a feeder.

mattshez
27-01-2009, 11:45
In England you cannot have a feeder that is in the same League as you.

I just started my 3rd season and the board let me choose what type of affiliation I would like.

I read some where that some player got A.C. Milan as a feeder, he was in 2020 or something like that.

One of the guys on the Liverpool fourm said that he got Celtic as a feeder.

ive managed man utd for 7 seasons and i got the ability to do so after 12 months, but it seems to have disappeared again after i chose a club (which went on to fail in creating a link)

Glenn Wakeford
27-01-2009, 11:47
ive managed man utd for 7 seasons and i got the ability to do so after 12 months, but it seems to have disappeared again after i chose a club (which went on to fail in creating a link)

Even if the affiliation fails you will have to wait a while before being able to start the search for a new one.

thebigman1985
27-01-2009, 11:54
if ur in the prem, i always choose a champ club first before financial gain to loan players to

the championship is a great leage

Pacman Jones
27-01-2009, 12:25
text speak...

CrashOverride
27-01-2009, 12:36
if ur in the prem, i always choose a champ club first before financial gain to loan players to

the championship is a great leage

But if the club you pick gets promoted you loose the link as your playing the same league then you have to pick another one.

mattshez
28-01-2009, 00:20
no im talking about my abiity to recommend a club, not ask for a club to be found, this is over a period of a few seasons, i can request a feeder club but not make a suggestion of a specific club i want, just selecting the ones offfered to me

Dingus
28-01-2009, 08:25
no im talking about my abiity to recommend a club, not ask for a club to be found, this is over a period of a few seasons, i can request a feeder club but not make a suggestion of a specific club i want, just selecting the ones offfered to me
In the 2014/15 season with Wrexham in the Premiership, and have only now been offered the chance to suggest my own type of link-up - suggested a commercial link up with Seoul!
waited for a bit, and a few weeks later - hey-presto! - link-up had failed to be agreed between the clubs! :D

so that would be 7 seasons, 2 in the Championship and my 2nd season starting in the Premiership, so I suspect it depends on the club stature, division you are in, YOUR stature as a manager etc etc....

Deano-AFC
28-01-2009, 08:30
ajax & psg

DexterNostradamus
27-02-2009, 15:20
STILL i cant choose for specific FEEDERCLUBS at the board feeder request

could someone please tell me what i must do ? resign? or wait till you

example my NEW stadium is almost done so more attendance more fans i had 36536 seats

maybe more chance to get "choose feeder club specific like clubs in USA and JAPAn etc ""

im playing right now GENOA seria A im in 2016 ,my reputation is WORLDwide" , board confidence is "superb"

??