PDA

View Full Version : Preferred moves?

leedsfan88
26-01-2009, 03:05
When a player learns a new move does it add to his value, for when an ai controled team are trying to buy him?

trueblue
26-01-2009, 03:26
Dont think it makes any immediate change. In my save I have just started the 2nd season ,, i bought Rafael Carioca for 2.7 ,, he is only worth about 3.3 , and I just got msg saying that he can now dribble through the mid,,, his value has moved up yet,, but only played 6 games of new season,,maybe when the player has a few or played more after the change, Kris Boyd has about 4 or 5 that where there from the start,,he had a decent first season scoring more than 20 ,, but his value has remained pretty constant,,,and that probably more to do with the scoring

ftg87
26-01-2009, 03:41
I doubt that a player gains value due to learning a PPM. However, success gained with repeated use of the PPM, such as lobbing the keeper or shooting from distance, will help towards getting a players value to rise

woody2goody
26-01-2009, 03:59
IRL other teams won't know if a player has learned new skills, at least until they try them in a game. And even then, how's the opposing manager supposed to know whether or not they knew the move for ages.

A net worth in terms of monetary value would be impossible to determine based on specific skills alone IMO.

CaptainPlanet
26-01-2009, 04:39
When a player learns a new move does it add to his value, for when an ai controled team are trying to buy him?

No it doesn't.

ftg87
26-01-2009, 04:47
No it doesn't.

Why didn't I just type that instead of the crap I did end up posting?

phnompenhandy
26-01-2009, 07:12
Good question actually. In theory it ought to make a difference if he's added extra (useful) skills. Anyone done an experiment, or are we all just making assumptions.

As an aside, anyone ever tried to teach 'wind up officials'? :D