One on Ones

Did a search and came up empty.

Is anyone else having problems scoring when your striker is through on goal. Most of my goals come from crosses. I have 2 teams wih similar tactics. Both have pacey strikers up front with high finishing (18-20), but 90% of their shots are saved, or hit the post. I am dropping so many points because of this.

Anyone else think this is a problem?

Or are the keepers just uber good.

I haven't played a "proper" career, since I'm waiting on the third patch. I have however played a couple of practice seasons.

I find that my team scores a very high percentage of the shots that we get on target, including one on ones. If I were to guess then I'd say that we score around 80% of the shots that we get on target.

So no, I don't have any problem with one on ones.

9.2 is better than the previous two patches but it still needs work. High composure and decision making are key, but decent pace, dribbling finishing of course all play a part.

The biggest issue, for me, is the NUMBER of one-on-ones in any match. The % conversion makes the user perceive a major problem, but the actual number scored is probably about right. You get 3-4-5 one-on-one opportunities in an FM match, but in real life you get maybe 1 or 2, unless you are playing out of your skin, and even you don't convert more than a couple (exceptions crop up of course; one of Sven's last Man City games vs Middlesbrough being one example).

Overall, it's not too bad, and you have to work on your strikers' instructions too. I usually have the more skillful one on "forward runs - often" and "run with ball - often" and an attacking mentality, while the other is on mixed everything. If he's good enough I'll set the second as a target man. But you'll get more in-depth advice on this in the tactics forum.

Archived