PDA

View Full Version : One on Ones

Charly
26-01-2009, 01:01
Did a search and came up empty.

Is anyone else having problems scoring when your striker is through on goal. Most of my goals come from crosses. I have 2 teams wih similar tactics. Both have pacey strikers up front with high finishing (18-20), but 90% of their shots are saved, or hit the post. I am dropping so many points because of this.

Anyone else think this is a problem?

Or are the keepers just uber good.

ftg87
26-01-2009, 01:06
Don't know how you searched and didn't find anything on this, been plenty of threads on this in the past mate

SlayerX
26-01-2009, 01:10
I haven't played a "proper" career, since I'm waiting on the third patch. I have however played a couple of practice seasons.

I find that my team scores a very high percentage of the shots that we get on target, including one on ones. If I were to guess then I'd say that we score around 80% of the shots that we get on target.

So no, I don't have any problem with one on ones.

Charly
26-01-2009, 01:39
Don't know how you searched and didn't find anything on this, been plenty of threads on this in the past mate

Search didnt find any

phnompenhandy
26-01-2009, 07:17
It is much discussed and much moaned about. All I can say is that the best strikers often round keepers, and in spectacular style on 3D. I've sen Rooney, Torres and others dance around keepers for fun.

backpackant
26-01-2009, 10:08
9.2 is better than the previous two patches but it still needs work. High composure and decision making are key, but decent pace, dribbling finishing of course all play a part.

The biggest issue, for me, is the NUMBER of one-on-ones in any match. The % conversion makes the user perceive a major problem, but the actual number scored is probably about right. You get 3-4-5 one-on-one opportunities in an FM match, but in real life you get maybe 1 or 2, unless you are playing out of your skin, and even you don't convert more than a couple (exceptions crop up of course; one of Sven's last Man City games vs Middlesbrough being one example).

Overall, it's not too bad, and you have to work on your strikers' instructions too. I usually have the more skillful one on "forward runs - often" and "run with ball - often" and an attacking mentality, while the other is on mixed everything. If he's good enough I'll set the second as a target man. But you'll get more in-depth advice on this in the tactics forum.

backpackant
26-01-2009, 10:09
Incidentally, if I play a diamond with my AMC set to forward runs - often, the AMC scores a higher % of his chances than the strikers. Yes, even the much-maligned van der Vaart.

Yasko75
26-01-2009, 10:30
Has anyone tried PPM? rounding the keeper, placing shots or lobbing over the keeper? Does any of these PPMs help?

phnompenhandy
27-01-2009, 06:12
Yasko - yes, and in 3D they can look well cool - blasts shots too.

lil ole me
27-01-2009, 06:19
Yasko - yes, and in 3D they can look well cool - blasts shots too.

I agree, i never used to use 3D until the other day, and by chance Rooney rounded the keeper for a goal after 12 secs.......looked rather impressive.