Football manager being able to coach, would you like the option

Hello fellow FM gamers, not sure if this has been asked before however like I stated in the title. "Football manager being able to coach, would you like the option?" Let me briefly explain.

I like to start the game as auto. As in, I am new management. So as the years go by, I would gain knowledge in countries, I would also gain or the stats would 'raise' those stats on your personal prifle, so why I can't I turn these attributes that are gained through, doing well and being reward. Sounds fair doesn't it?

The games that I usually play are lower league games, I don't set myself to be governed by the rules of the LLM, although I feel I becoming more of a lower league manager as the game experiance continues. So as I would play the game; I would normally have no money to spend, nigh on none existant coaches, some times I am lucky if I even have a coach.

I am no football knowledgable person, but surely doesn't the manager get involved in the team's training. In some way or another. However I do appreciate playing a game with a star studded team then you've a plethora of super duper coaches to manipulate the best training schedule at your disposal. So there is a flip side to the coin.

Sorry, I've probably rambled a bit too much however, I think at times, when can't I assign myself to training scheduals, so as my personal stats grow as I learn/gain more knowledge, then why not let me be a part of coaching, it would be a welcome addition, it can be added in so many different ways. I wouldn't matter on how subtle it is implemented into the game.

So fellow gamers, what do you think, do you agree, what are your thoughts?

I don't mean being able to be a coach, I mean in the training options, your included in some way, maybe your amongst the coaches, so there are sliders for you. Or another sub menu in the training menu?

Never, meant to bump my own thread, some times I think one thing and type some random oddness.

Not sure it takes anything more than being selectable within the coaching screen.

Well, we will need to have attributes just like the ones that coaches have, Attacking, Defending, Goalkeeping, Mental, Tactical etc coaching attributes. And those attributes will need to develop as well, so it's not going to be too trivial to implement. However, SI have completed more difficult tasks than this, so I am sure they will find a way to do this if they want to (or if they feel it's worth it). Cool idea.

Well, we will need to have attributes just like the ones that coaches have, Attacking, Defending, Goalkeeping, Mental, Tactical etc coaching attributes. And those attributes will need to develop as well, so it's not going to be too trivial to implement. However, SI have completed more difficult tasks than this, so I am sure they will find a way to do this if they want to (or if they feel it's worth it). Cool idea.

Yeah it is basically like I thought how it would be introduced in the mechanics of the game. However I am not for once saying won't it be great being a coach or an assistant manager, its just a one tiny little addition, at least there will be more involment in training, plus I like seeing how my stats grow.

This is something that have previously thought about before and thought was quite a good idea. Glad somone has put it on the forums. Hopfully it is something that can be looked at being implemented into future games. Think most managers now a days are coachs so I think tahyt you could have soime involvement in training. When your tight on coaches in the lower leagues it could prove to be very useful.

I agree, it's something I would like SI to look into including if they could find a good balance between the practicality of it and the implementation of the idea.

Since I mostly play as a LLM I would love to be able to add some coaching qualities to my usually inept (to begin with anyway) staff.

Just to throw it out there as an idea perhaps if you were coaching you would be unable to spend time going to watch matches/players and you would need to select your plans accordingly at the start of the week.

I thought this for a long time, and don't really understand why it's ever been missing. The current format of training almost hints that you don't coach them at all, which is surely false for all teams.

This could also change how the "favoured personnel" section works as well, as if you only trained strikers they would be more likely to add you to favoured personnel, whereas a lack of time on the training pitch with the defenders means it would take more for them to add you.

It would be a good idea. All the AI managers have coaching stats so it's really quite illogical for human managers not to have them as well. For us LLM it would mean being much more hands on, which is realistic.

Another option which I'd like to see would be the possibility of being a player manager - for LLM this would be a realistic scenario and possibly provide a bit of strengthening for one's dire team...

Great, thanks for all the replies everyone.

So if it was implemented, how would it be put into the game?

Personally I think that you start of with the same stats as you do and these can grow in time. Such as 1 -> 20 1 being no knowledge/ability 20 being the best. You start of with 10 across the board you gain in some areas and loose abilies in other coaching areas, as your FM experiance progresses.

Then on the coaching menu. You have sliders as normal for your coaches with another set of sliders / some sub menu for you. But I don't think you will have the same sliders to be the same as the coaching staff have now. Maybe a little subtle twist. Your own sliders will be for something else instead like, as they will have its own sub menu that you can chop and change

Such as.

-* Skills training.

You can have some choices, such as cone training, set peice training, piggy in the middle, keepy upies. Dribbling, one two's.

-* Attacking training.

One touch passing, shooting at goal relays (Like a relay team, one person takes a shot then anther then another), crossing training, free kicks.

-* Defense training.

Closing down, sliding tackles, marking.

Or

Why not leave it as it is now you just have your name amoungst the coaches. So it will work the same way as before just that your on the list too.

Archived