Premier Division or Premier League?

Hi all,

I was just wondering...

I know that the word 'Premiership' is obviously copyright by (I think and assume) Barclays, but is the phrase 'Premier League' because I think it is a more commonly used name for the top tier of English football than 'Premier Division.'

Could anyone enlighten me on whether 'Premier League' can be used by SI, and whether anyone else agrees with me in thinking that, if they can, SI should call it the 'Premier League' instead?

Cheers

Actually, it was decided the term Premiership would be ditched to avoid confusion or something (despite still being used), the actual term is Premier League I believe, the sponsors have the right to the league name so it will probably change slightly again in a few years.

Actually, it was decided the term Premiership would be ditched to avoid confusion or something (despite still being used), the actual term is Premier League I believe, the sponsors have the right to the league name so it will probably change slightly again in a few years.

most likely too change soon if the bank situation dont improve, personally i would love to see the cadburys premier league

Premier Division is lame. =\

I'd much rather Premiership, seeing as SI would be allowed to use that(I assume).

Premier League, as stated, is officially in-use by Barclays at the moment...

You can change the name to whatever you want to in the game so it does not really matter what SI call it does it? :)

But until I saw this thread, I had no idea. ;)

Besides, I can't be bothered editing the database... =O

You don't need to edit the database. A simple 1 line text file created in notepad will do the job. :thup:

Also there is a file for download that gives all the competitions in the game the official names and "fixes" all the other things omitted due to licensing issues. ;) I cannot say anymore though on the forums. (I probably said too much already. :p)

You don't need to edit the database. A simple 1 line text file created in notepad will do the job. :thup:

Also there is a file for download that gives all the competitions in the game the official names and "fixes" all the other things omitted due to licensing issues. ;) I cannot say anymore though on the forums. (I probably said too much already. :p)

Can you explain in more detail? Sorry if it's a bother.

I don't usually mess about with FM. I download Skins/logos/ etc., but haven't bothered with editing anything, or changing names etc.

Do a Google for it. Can't talk about it on the official forums.

or you could try not editing the game? and just get on with it without moaning about a few letters that makes a league title different lol.

and btw to the above reference to berty botts every flavour beans, im not sure jk rowling would let that happen, and england would be made a mockery of for having the top division named after a selection of fictional sweets, also they actually made them sweets a few years ago, but was dissapointed to see that there wasnt every flavour, i never came across salmon!

Archived