Running old CH games

I have Championship Manager 3 and would love to run it on my laptop (running Xp). Does anyone know how I can get it running? I'm not that computer literate but I can follow instructions!!

If there is a thread with a similar question please direct me to it.

Many thanks,

Thomas.

I have Championship Manager 3 and would love to run it on my laptop (running Xp). Does anyone know how I can get it running? I'm not that computer literate but I can follow instructions!!

If there is a thread with a similar question please direct me to it.

Many thanks,

Thomas.

erm im not sure what youu mean and im sorry to be smart but you should put the disc in first!!! please specify your problem

Doh re-read the question.... you want to know how not if.

Insert disk, autoplay should come up, if it doesnt go to my computer, find the cd drive and look for the setup file. Double click to install and follow on screen instructions. Once the game has installed you should find a shortcut for the game on your desktop, double click that and your away.

From the above link

Q19. The game freezes / crashes with XP or 2k with around 512 MB of RAM "Out of Memory Errors"- if greater than 512 follow:

http://community.sigames.com/1/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=21019056&f=66919117&m=3321921233

A19. Try lowering the size of your page file to around 400MB (if it isn't already that or lower) - this stops the total memory available being over 1GB and stops the error. It will (hopefully) stop the "Out of Memory

errors" as well. The new location for the Win Qfixapp: http://www.aliashunter.com/act20.exe Note: this is an alternative solution to applying the QfixApp for those with less than 1 GB but more than

512MB - as long as you make your virtual memory low enough so that the sum of the RAM and the virtual memory does not exceed 1GB.

To get to the page file settings: Right click on my computer > Click Properties > Advanced Tab > Performance settings > advanced tab > Change button

Archived