How can I improve the speed of my ME?

Right then guys, here's the problem I'm facing.

Recently my laptop broke and I had to take it to a local shop and get it fixed. FM used to work fine before it broke.

Now the problem was due to my hard drive and now it's been replaced with a new hard drive. My C: Drive now has over 96GB free space which is over 90GB more than I had before the laptop broke.

Before it broke FM worked fine and the ME was rather quick even though I'm slightly below the Minimum specs.

Now I've got a new hard drive with a lot more space and a lot less programmes installed on it but the ME is now slower and more jerky.

Why?

Is there someway to make it quicker?

Cheers guys.

Edit: Everything else works quickly and smoothly. It's just the ME, I thought it was beacuase I had MSN running at the same time as FM but I played a few games while I was signed out of MSN and the ME was still the same.

Assuming your using Windows - Press Start and then Run. In the box, type dxdiag and press enter (or ok). The DirectX Diagnostic Tool should pop up, when it does you need to select the Display tab.

It should tell you your graphics card under 'chip type', also it will tell you the manufacturer. Go to their website and you should be able to find the drivers on there.

OR... if you tell me the chip type and manufacturer I will do a search and see if I can find them.

To improve performace you should try installing more ram which should help the most. Also have a look at what programs are running at the same time as fm and stop as many of these as you can. You should also open the task manager and look at the processes tab and disable as many of these as you can. Finally, if you dont have it search google for something called crap cleaner. Download and install this and it will remove all the...crap that is on your system and this should also help with performance.

Archived