Take over cheat

Not sure I would class this a cheat or a bug or anything ,and I came accross it completely by accident, but might be useful for someone else to try it out.

I am managing Rangers,, and my chairman had already knocked back 2x TO attempts during the first season.

At the end of the season I noticed in the club info that the chairman status had changed from willing to listen to offers to ,, looking to leave the club or words too that effect.

Anyway ,, whilst during close season in June I received a Msg saying that one of the directors was favourite to TO the club (martin Bain :thdn: ) and the usual Transfer ban was imposed.

I was just browsing around scouting myself as you do ,, and as it was close to my shift change ( on break at work by the way ) ,, and as I hadnt made any offers before the ban ,,and as I cant stand Bain in real life , I just closed game without saving.

When I switched game back on later at home , I decided to just go on holiday mode back to where I had been when I closed game before ( July 1st when TW opens)

I was expecting to see the same Msg with BAIN close to TO......However this time to my delight ,,a mystery Tycoon had taken over the club :D .

All other msgs exactly the same,,, Now I know this might not help all the time, as some TO happen mid-season,,and you would have to save after every game as you no ideas when the interest is about to come in. But a lot happen at end of season during the break,, so if you save at end of season ,, and you get someone not desirable coming in then ,,as long as the gane is saved before the initial interest comes in,,,,then this might work for you.

Be interested to hear if anyone else have any joy with this cheers :)

Ahh TrueBlue, dont let the tycoon go to your head though...

In my Current save i got the same messages as you... Bain wanted the club... but SDM knocked him back because he didnt have enough cash.

Eventualy at the end of the first season a Canadian tycoon took over (and sacked Bain much to my delight)... for 4 years he gave me £50m to spend with player wages of £3m a month.

Then at the start of this season i got this:

dtb6vb0.jpg

(and yes i abused the Bojan bug)

Thankfully he had expanded Ibrox to 64,000 and id signed a full teams worth of class players (including rising stars for every position)... so im still having fun in the SPL and Europe...

Just means that after 4 years of insane spending (£300m spent, £150m sold) ive now got a budget of £22m.

WHY GARCIA WHY???

Whats the Bojan bug?

At the end of the first season some wonderkids like Bojan are released by their clubs... without reason.

They will sit around for a few months and then retire.

However if you put in a decent offer for them they will come and play for you.

Its basicly taking advantage of the AI's mistake.

Archived