Ridiculous Goal

Playing as Leicester in my second season and im in the championship 2-1 up away at Palace. I win a freekick 30 yards out, so the Palace team are all on the edge of the box, I have two defenders on the half way line and two more between the HW line and the free kick taker. The free kick goes straight to one of their defenders who wacks it up field my keeper comes out the box and the ball stops at his feet (53.05). At this point i have 2 defenders within 10/15 yards of my keeper and four more in my own half before the opposition gets inside it. My GK then preceeds to stand beside the ball whilst the closest two defenders go and join him in standing by the ball. The other four defenders that were in my half also run over slow down and stand beside the ball. Two attackers who had been chasing since the start catch up (53.12) with my group of "ball watchers" and one of them just runs inbetween my group takes the ball off the keeper (53.14) and kick starts my group into life but it was much to late and he rolls the ball into the empty net.

So after 9 seconds of my keeper standing still with the ball and a group of 6 players around him watching him standing still the opposition comes and takes the ball off me costing me the win. What is that all about, when is that ever going to happen in football?!?!?!

I have had similar but i also have a new problem thats seems to be developing.

My players have seemed to picked up a habit of running the ball out for no reason, when the opposition boot the ball down my end to clear it from their half and its 100 pct going out and for some reason and under no pressure one of my players gets the ball but proceed to carry on running the ball out to give the opp a throw in in my half this is happening quite a bit lol i swear they hate me secretly

Lol that is ridiculous.

My keeper had a habit of coming out for the ball, the ball would just hit him and a striker would pass the ball into an empty net, the funny thing is that it says the defender who passed the ball back to him was to blame for the goal...i dont understand!

Lol that is ridiculous.

My keeper had a habit of coming out for the ball, the ball would just hit him and a striker would pass the ball into an empty net, the funny thing is that it says the defender who passed the ball back to him was to blame for the goal...i dont understand!

Yeah I get something similar. If my defender heads the ball back to the keeper he sometimes just watches it go straight through him into the net and its apparantly my defenders fault.

That thing with the keeper standing with the ball until they get tackled has happened a few times to me too, it happens more often with my defenders though. Even if I set them to direct passing and a fairly high tempo they'll spend 5 mins standing with the ball not moving occasionaly passing to each other before they either pass the ball directly to their attacker who is so far away from the rest of my team they have a clear run on goal, or they stand still until they're tackled. Either way I cringe whenever my defence start passing between themselves

once, the ball was in front of the net and the goalkeeper and defender both ran up to it. no opposing players closeby. They were both standing on opposite sides of the ball and suddenly the goalkeeper kicked it into his own net!

That happened to the opposing team and not mine, so no complaints :D lol

Archived