Anybody else noticed this?

I chose one of my scouts to scout joe mattock, i know he has a good potential ability so hes going to be good. when i scout him with one scout he doesnt give him a good rating, not even a decent signing and the same when i used steve rowley who has very good scouting stats. yet when i buy him he automatically becomes potential to be a key member of the first team squad. so i just want to know if anyone else has noticed scouts underrate players?

I've never even given that a thought, but what i do know is when i'm managing a lower league club i might only have 2 scouts. If i put one scout to scout, let's say, England, then he reports the same players over and over again. Don't know why he recommends the same players all the time.

That changes though if i put the other scout (if i only have 2) on the same area. If he starts to scout England at the same time as the first one, he starts recommending other players. Same as the first one. Only then does he start recommending other players as well. But they always recommend the same players. The amount of players they recommend, though, only starts to vary when i have 2 scouts on the same assignment.

Kind of annoyed about the scouts recommending the same players month after month. I know already that they've recommended those players. If i would like to have them i would put them on my shortlist. If not, then i wouldn't.

I just wish i could tell my scouts not to scouts those players again, until 6 months or 1 year has gone. Because i know they've recommended them already. I don't need a constant reminder every month.

Scout someone more than once to get a more accurate report is ok. You don't really know anything about a player by watching him once or twice.

But the same players over and over again for a year? A bit too much for my liking. And if they don't know enough about that/those player(s), why do they recommend them?

When a scout has come to the conclusion that he recommends a player for me then he has caught my attention. I don't need several reminders about him. Especially reminders for a year. I know about him/them, and i have already looked at him/them.

I just wish that if the scout has recommended a palyer, then he would know that he has brought him to my attention and i don't need him to scout him again (for a while, at least). Try scouting in other areas to bring more players to my attention, if there are any.

And if the scout doesn't know enough about a player , or more players, don't recommend them until he has seen all he needs to see, to know whether he should recommend them to me or not.

The best scouts are not accurate enough. Apparently even with 20 very judging ability they will still rate someone with 160 CA the same as someone with 200 CA.

Amazing how the AssMan can give you an opinion of how good a player is and then change his mind the moment the guy signs.

Scouting is flawed or should I say not accurate enough for top quality scouts.

Archived