Patch 9.2.0 installation issue

Hi,

I've had a look around the forums and couldn;t find anything on this....i've downloaded the patch with rapidshare and when i try and update i get the following error message and the installer closes;

A sharing violation occurred while accessing C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Fm2009\fm.exe

Does anyone have any idea how I can sort this out?

I recently had to re-install the game, but kept on my old games and tactics etc in a different location. I was playing fine with version 9.2.0 before, it just wont let me re-install the patch.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

You don't have FM running do you?

Well it's definately not open on the task bar, i've checked on task manager and it's not open in the 'Applications' tab, but i looked at 'processes' and it says fm.exe is running using about 18k of memory. Would that be the problem? Do i just need to end the process there?

I haven't played or had fm open for about a month so i don't have any idea why it's using my memory in the processes? Sorry, i'm not very good with computers!

The only reason it would start up is that somehow it got into the startup programs menu, which basically controls all the programs which launch with Windows.

Press Start, Run and type in msconfig then press enter (or OK). The System Configuration Utility should pop up, press the startup tab and have a look if fm.exe is in there.

It's a (very) long shot but I can't think of any other reason that it would be in the processes section.

different problem, but i didn't want to start a new thread, i have installed patch v9.2.0 and my game now won't start up due to:

cannot run game: failed to set up graphics system
why is this? and what can i do???! cheers, in advance, chaps

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

A common problem, in the future you'll find the fastest way to get an answer is usually using Search :)

Archived