TV & Prize money

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you could help me build up a picture of prize money etc...

I was curious as too how much teams recieve, unfortunately managing West Ham gives me very little idea of how much TV money is awarded for participating in the Champions League, UEFA Cup etc as I never get there! I was also wondering if anybody on here could give me a rough idea of how much is paid to clubs. Also, what is the break down of the prize money awarded for your final Premier League finish (i.e. 1= £xmillion 2=£ymillion).

Many thanks

In FM08 the Premier League was something like this:

Winner got £12m and each lower position got £0.5m less than the one immediately above it.

In the Champions League you got £3m for reaching the group stages, £400k for each win in the group stage and £200k for each draw. Then you got around £2m for reaching the quarters and another £2m for reaching the semis and £4m for reaching the final and then £6m for winning it or something like that. They are rough figures off the top of my head.

The UEFA Cup was something similar to the Champions League except the figures were way lower like £400k initially on reaching the group stage and then maybe £100k for every group win and £50k for every draw. I have no real idea of the rest in that.

The TV Revenue for the league was £30m and for the Champions League it was £14m I think.

Those figures are off the top of my head and are estimates but it is something like that I think.

Archived