Online troubles

All afternoon today me and my mate have been trying to play online, no success. I installed my game with Steam and he used the other thingy. First time didn't work because it just said that it couldnt find the servers given. We then both installed Hamachi which I used for online play on FM about a year or two ago. Then the databases were different (I have one called default, he had one called 9.0.0, we assumed they were the same). I already had 9.0.2 but he didn't so he downloaded it, then it just didnt download right so had to download it again, managed to install and update it but now his FM doesn't work at all so he's having uninstall/install it again.

Is there an easier way that we've missed at all?

You both need to have the same patch. So the best thing is you both get the 9.2.0 patch. You said he downloaded it and then his FM did not work. Are you sure he downloaded and installed the right patch correctly?

We don't think he did, he's now downloading it from somewhere else and that's taking 2 hours so he's left it overnight and hopefully it'll work this time but probably not which is why I posted this:p

In what way did his FM not work after installing the patch? Did he get an error message at all?

It opened up, and before the sponsors etc. came up it would come up with the "FM 09 has come up with an error and needs to close" and stuff along those lines, where you get asked to send an error report. He did the obvious stuff in opening again and restarting computer but no success, so reinstalled and all was fine

We don't think he did, he's now downloading it from somewhere else and that's taking 2 hours so he's left it overnight and hopefully it'll work this time but probably not which is why I posted this:p

You certain he is downloading the right patch for his version of the game as there is a different one for WWSM and FM and PC and Mac?

You certain he is downloading the right patch for his version of the game as there is a different one for WWSM and FM and PC and Mac?

Click

First one he tried is the first RapidShare one, The one he's downloading now he didn't give me a link to but he said he's getting from the actual SI site...

Archived