Big Club

I was just wondering whether it is possible and how would I go about becoming a top club. For example I am rangers at the moment with a 20 mil budget, won 4 out of last 5 seasons and most cups. I usually make it to the first knockout round. Is there anyway to be able to attract the bigger players required to win the champions league or is it impossible because I am in the SPL?

The league rep barrier will always hinder you from gaining a reputation like any of the big clubs in Europe no matter what you achieve although you should still be able to attract enough quality to challenge for the Champions League but not the very top quality players like the big clubs can attract.

I had frustrating times at Rangers. It becomes easy to dominate Scotland, and you can usually compete in Europe, but getting to the next level requires patience. You can always buy good players, then watch their value drop (no matter how well they play, the SPL just doesn't have a high enough rep. and a few good games in Europe isn't enough to maintain value) whilst Europe's top clubs sniff around them, or/and you can seek out the best teenagers and try to hold onto them (and play them fairly regularly) for a few years until they have progressed into top class players.

However, it becomes so easy to win the SPL over and over that it can get very boring. I eventually quit and went to Sevilla in Spain, where I have a more realistic shot at the Champions League.

Archived