I've never wanted to punch a game in the face so bad

I have no idea where to even start. But if FM 09 was a person id punch em in the face .

I cant win. I could barely beat the amateur team i was supposed to beat by 3 to 4.. After that nothing short of cheating will win me a game and i have this nagging feeling that wouldnt even work

. Just been trying to use a simple 4-4-2 counter attack strat. I've read tactics forums, i've read the tactics bible and followed that as closely as i could.. I've saved and reloaded and tried small variations,big variations anything just to get a competitive game. I've downloaded tatics.

Assistant manager is useless. They got 11 shots 5 on target i got 6 shots and only 1 on target. They dominated possesion to.. But if you went by his feedback it would seem i was winning even tho im losing in just about every category gee thanks useless boob.

Im at a total loss. I dont know what else i can try or read that i havnt allready read two times over.

*rage rage*

If you can't win even with some of the tactics avalible for download then you have some serious problems. That isn't meant to be rude, fwiw.

You dont have to tell me.. Heck this isnt even my first FM game... I was never good but i wasnt this horrible ...

I definately noticed FM09 is much harder than FM08, my strikers cannot simply score!!! in FM08 my strikers couldnt stop scoring, FM09 i be very lucky if my striker can score 1 goal in every 3 matches! But luckily i have a well balanced squad, so i get goals from every department.

I'm using a very basic 442 tactic now, all global instructions and all instructions at "Mixed", i.e. centre of slider, all checkboxes unchecked, and all midfielders and strikers with "Often" forward runs, runs with ball, through balls, and crosses.

Tweaks only for the global Mentality, all other unchanged. It seems to work just fine - if it doesn't work in 1 match it will work the next match.

No more TTF for me :D

I think the main thing to say if you've read everything available to do with tactics is just stick with it. Be persistent. Starts of any job at a club tend to be the trickiest in my experience. Given time, factors out of your control tend to eradicate themselves - such as squad gelling, adapting to your style of football, both of which when aren't a problem will see you pick up results if your tactics are reasonable, thus helping to turn your players morale around which further improves your performances and results creating something of a cycle.

Don't pick a weak club to be either. Pick a side at least predicted midtable or above. Time helps with this though at lower league particularly because you can improve your squad to be the best around given enough transfer windows - there are a lot of bargains and such.

I think the main thing to say if you've read everything available to do with tactics is just stick with it. Be persistent. Starts of any job at a club tend to be the trickiest in my experience. Given time, factors out of your control tend to eradicate themselves - such as squad gelling, adapting to your style of football, both of which when aren't a problem will see you pick up results if your tactics are reasonable, thus helping to turn your players morale around which further improves your performances and results creating something of a cycle.

Don't pick a weak club to be either. Pick a side at least predicted midtable or above. Time helps with this though at lower league particularly because you can improve your squad to be the best around given enough transfer windows - there are a lot of bargains and such.

Im sticking with it.. Im not sure my mouse will survive the fits of rage.

And the team i've using is predicted 3rd in the league..

Sint Niklaas or some such team from the bottom league in belguim ..

Archived