argentinians not playing well in EPL (ie, veron)

in real life, when veron left the premier league, he was pretty much labelled a flop because he couldnt perform as he was not afforded the time/space to weave his magic like he might have been used to.

i think i've read players like riquelme also would suffer the same fate ingame and that people have signed him for EPL teams only to underperform, but what is the "telltale" stat(s) in question i should be trying to look for here?

in real life, when veron left the premier league, he was pretty much labelled a flop because he couldnt perform as he was not afforded the time/space to weave his magic like he might have been used to.

i think i've read players like riquelme also would suffer the same fate ingame and that people have signed him for EPL teams only to underperform, but what is the "telltale" stat(s) in question i should be trying to look for here?

Riquleme didn't do very well at Newcastle for me, but there is of course the well publicized 'AMC Bug' where every AMC playmaker type is getting poor ratings. So he may do better if/when the bug is fixed. I wish they'd hurry up with it, as i always like to play with an AMC playmaker!

but if it isn't a bug...Riquelme's speed and acceleration may be the problem as he is only a 10/11, and he isnt the strongest either.

In FM 07, Spurs, I have had Riquelme and he was/is amazing. I will always remember his 45 yard curling goal into the near corner of the goal.

I also have two defenders who are top class and a midfielder who is solid.

So I've had no problems with Argentines.

Archived