Declining Abilities

Hi,

I'm struggling to maintain players PA/CA Stars in my long term aston villa game.

I've in the 5th season of my current game, my facilities and training are excellent.

Curiously , two of the players to suffer the most are Keirrison and Ashley Young, both dropping two stars ( 1 star with change of expectations). This is strage, because, historically these have been among my very best players - always playing and always doing very well.

Any thoughts?

Well, yeah. AS you get more successful, a star player for you in, lets say the Championship, may just be an average fringe player for a top 6 team.

Some players can maintain top level performances. Isn't there a defender at Hull that has played with them since division 3, or something? Not saying he's top class, but he's managed to keep himself in that team and going up all those divisions.

What i like to do is 'reshuffle' every 1-2 seasons based on the success of last season. This has been mad more easy this year on FM09, and you can now move players on for a decent amount of cash. With that cash i bring in some more players to help maintain, of even exceed the level of success i had the year before.

Interesting points, but, from what I can gather only half of the decline can be put down to club progress.

As for what the first responder said ,I don't think this is the case because all the other coaches agree .

I really hope I don't have to get rid of players every few years because of this - having a striker amass goals over a long career is one of my favorite parts of the game.

As for what the first responder said ,I don't think this is the case because all the other coaches agree.

That's fair enough then. Just don't take star ratings as gospel because they aren't exactly accurate, & like others have said, the rating gets lower as the quality of your players increases.

they're comparing them to better players now.

it happened in my blackpool game. mascio was an excellent player.. now hes average.

also take into account ur scouts might have been wrong earlier on about them. they might have thought the players could be 2 of the best in the world then decided actually they can only become stars for our team.

also when u get better plays in ur team, eventually the crapper players will be downgraded to show a difference.

most of all its ur team rep+expecations. if they're not showing stat declines, don't worry bout it!

when u get better plays in ur team, eventually the crapper players will be downgraded to show a difference.

That's it in a nutshell. They're simply comparing a certain player to the rest of your squad, 4 being club standard. As time goes by, you're (hopefully) getting in a better standard of player, therefore everyones ability will be re-assessed accordingly.

Archived