Can some body help me?

My brother bought HIS new copy of FM09, because we cannot install my copy on his comp.

He successfully activated it by phone as he has no net connection.

I have searched through the so called help for over an hour but can NOT see any.

His problem is that the lock thing, UNI-LOCK?, keeps asking for him to activate the full thing again.

Currently he as on his 4th go and is ready to snap!!

Please can someone help

This is where i was refered to from Sega website.

I have checked both of your links (which takes me to the same page btw) during a previous search but still i could NOT find any help.

My bro's problem is that after he HAS succesfully installed the game via phone, the game will NOT start as the uni-lock thing keeps asking him to re-enter the product key.

Can anybody help please?

I forgot how bad the installation process is, and cant believe it STILL hasnt been fixed.

My brother bought HIS new copy of FM09, because we cannot install my copy on his comp.

He successfully activated it by phone as he has no net connection.

I have searched through the so called help for over an hour but can NOT see any.

His problem is that the lock thing, UNI-LOCK?, keeps asking for him to activate the full thing again.

Currently he as on his 4th go and is ready to snap!!

Please can someone help

Ummm, when you say he's succesfully activated it by phone does it mean, does it mean that he called up the number and they replied to the caller. With something like "So that's your game activated, now that code you read to me; enter that into your game, now your done."

So as I am only stabbing in the dark here. Is the code entered correct? Such as an o (Oscar) is a 0 (Zero) Might be worth checking. Other than that your best bet is probably call the same support folks the number was activated with. If and when they're open I would guess.

And how do i contact customer support? If it means logging into Sega and taking a ticket, i already did that. If it means phoning them up, i did that also. And for the 3rd time they told my bro to re-install it. Er, did that already too!!!

This is my only means of getting ANY help.

I hope Si/Sega managed to sack the prat responsible for all the ****-ups

A full description of what's happened would be useful if any help is to be given. One game not installing but another doing so sounds odd enough to start with, but no real explanation there. Do Uniloc keep asking for reauthorisation straightaway or when the game is restarted? What actual messages are displayed? Has deactivation/reactivation been tried?

I don't know any real answers because I don't work for SI but someone else using the forum might have had similar problems and either know what the solution is or what the user is doing wrong (if that's the problem). But to do this people need good information to work with.

Ummm, when you say he's succesfully activated it by phone does it mean, does it mean that he called up the number and they replied to the caller. With something like "So that's your game activated, now that code you read to me; enter that into your game, now your done."

So as I am only stabbing in the dark here. Is the code entered correct? Such as an o (Oscar) is a 0 (Zero) Might be worth checking. Other than that your best bet is probably call the same support folks the number was activated with. If and when they're open I would guess.

Yes. to the first paragraph. Everything entered was correct and the game installed succesfully. It says "Installation succesful" on the uni-lock screen. To me that means everything went ok. BUT when i click on the FM09 desktop icon the uni-lock screen pops up again and asks for the product key. It seems to start all over again.

A full description of what's happened would be useful if any help is to be given. One game not installing but another doing so sounds odd enough to start with, but no real explanation there. Do Uniloc keep asking for reauthorisation straightaway or when the game is restarted? What actual messages are displayed? Has deactivation/reactivation been tried?

I don't know any real answers because I don't work for SI but someone else using the forum might have had similar problems and either know what the solution is or what the user is doing wrong (if that's the problem). But to do this people need good information to work with.

That was a full description of what happened, feel free to ask any questions if im not, making it clear enough. sorry

Well that's odd, I don't have any other suggestions, other than, that ....... That's not a .exe icon that your double clicking is on is it?

Try running the game, from programme file menu instead :s Just another guess from me. You may get some luck with some one else that may be in the know or had the same issue.

Well that's odd, I don't have any other suggestions, other than, that ....... That's not a .exe icon that your double clicking is on is it?

Try running the game, from programme file menu instead :s Just another guess from me. You may get some luck with some one else that may be in the know or had the same issue.

Tried clicking on the desktop icon after the game was installed but got the SAME uni-lock screen. Tried opening the game using the .exe file where the game is installed and the bloody same uni-lock game appears.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

This is where i was refered to from Sega website.

I have checked both of your links (which takes me to the same page btw) during a previous search but still i could NOT find any help.

My bro's problem is that after he HAS succesfully installed the game via phone, the game will NOT start as the uni-lock thing keeps asking him to re-enter the product key.

Can anybody help please?

I forgot how bad the installation process is, and cant believe it STILL hasnt been fixed.

So your brother had gone through the entire phone activation process without a hitch? I.e. inputting his product key and receiving a response key, and then four more rounds of that, as well as completing the last step of entering 3 seven digit codes?

So your brother had gone through the entire phone activation process without a hitch? I.e. inputting his product key and receiving a response key, and then four more rounds of that, as well as completing the last step of entering 3 seven digit codes?

You really have to do all that when activating by phone? :confused: I wouldn't know whether I was coming or going with all that

To the OP: Seeing as you obv have access to the net, could you not just hook your brothers laptop up to your connection and activate it that way?

Ok, im back.

Everything goes fine on the phone. All the codes entered are correct, the voice on the end of the phone says that my bro has succesfully activated the game after putting in ALL the required codes. After putting in the final code on the uni-lock,he clicks on finish at bottom of uni-lock screen. The uni-lock screen says "game activated" then the uni-lock screen dissappears. all going according to plan so far!!

Then, this is the problem, when we double click on the FM09 desktop icon, (like we're meant to) the game will NOT start and the uni-lock pops up n starts ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!! (asking for the keycode, whether im activating by phone/internet etc...).

IF the game was succesfully installed (voice on phone says so AS does the uni-bollock screen) why the hell am i STILL not allowed to play? Can anybody help?

To ftg87 my desktop pc is connected to the internet via an inbuilt router. My bro's pc does not have one, hence the use of phone activation. I managed to activate my copy after MANY unsuccesful attempts via the internet. SI/Sega said that this game can be installed onto 5 seperate machines (i dont know anybody who has managed to do this BTW) so, against my best wishes and throwing ALL common sense out of the window, my bro went out n bought his own copy. (he regrets doing so now haha).

I feel REALLY sorry for those that are having problems with this "game".... STILL!!

I remember the good old days, the before companys got greedy, a time when games producers actually cared about their customers. It used to be to just enter disc 'n' play..........

get your brothers PC connected to the internet and try activating online? if you have an inbuilt modem then all you need is an ethernet cable to get it connected.

You've completely lost me. I aint computer that literate.

How do i do that? Do i connect my pc up to his? do i need anything extra? will SI/Sega supply me with what we need? will they re-imburse me with what extra he has to to shell out?

The phone activation is "meant" to work perfectly well and is 1 of 3 ways to play/activate this game. The so-called "customer support" from Sega is appauling. Take a ticket and maybe, if someone is arsed, we might help you out. Depends on how close to the weekend your game decides not to work!!!

Sound like u mis-type uni-lock, there is an issue with printed with 0/o and 1/I

No, funnily enough my bro's keycode dont contain any 0/O's nor 1/I's. Besides the voice on tyhe phone says activation complete. if he'd messed it up the voice would say so. And the uni-lock screen also says game activated.

Anybody help, please?

I give a **** but I'm tired of you suggesting otherwise.

If you PM me your support ticket number, and a contact phone number, I'll have someone from Customer Services either contact you or your brother, whichever you prefer, and work through the known issues until they solve the problem.

Cheers

Matt

Archived