The transfer system FM09

Hey guys,

I'm just posting regarding the way transfers work in this game. I think the over inflation in some players is ridiculous, even though this would probably not be this best time to post this with the whole Kaka palava

I would just like to see more realistic prices in the game for example i'm currently Man utd in the 10/11 season had a decent transfer budget for the season at £40million, now this sort of budget should get a top team at least 2-3 very good players. It just seems me that the computer controlled oppostion is getting good players at a more acceptable value. Now my main transfer target was Karim Benzema, still young at 22 and still at Lyon i put a bid of £26 million which was rejected so i though ok up the price to maybe 30-35 million should be more then enough but no Lyon come back with 91MILLION!!! bearing in mind he is valued at only 11 million.

i think the good players in this game have to have a release clause in the contract to even think about getting them at a good price. I got Messi for 45 million and Lyon want 91 million so is that telling me Benzema is twice the player Messi is?

Maybe Benzema will be will be alot better than Messi in 2011, thus warranting his huge asking price. Who knows?

From what I've seen, Benzema is going to be a very, very good player. So maybe he is worth alot more than the £26m you offerred, as he is also still only 22.

Lyon obviously don't want to sell, and are trying to warn you off by saying you have to pay £91m.

one thing i lernt. when putting in a bid for a player, the more they reject the more they want. it's like a pyramid effect, go in with a high bid 1st off..

you need to look at years left on contract, a player with 3 years and a market value of 15 mill, you would want to bid at least 35 mill to get it accepted, if you go in with a lame 20 mill bid and then up it to 25 etc, you would end up having to bid 40+ to get it accepted, they seem to take offence to rejecting bids..

also id like to add, getting hold of great players and building a great team is far to easy so i think we should have to pay high prices, there are world class players for free in the game

i can see where your coming from guys, but say Man utd, real madrid someone like that put in a £35-40 Million bid for Benzema tommmorow i think Lyon would take that as a good offer. Its the same for someone like Robinho IRL Man city got him for 32million but if it was football manager and he was still at Madrid then it would probably be double that.

Its the same for someone like Robinho IRL Man city got him for 32million but if it was football manager and he was still at Madrid then it would probably be double that.

Not true in my eyes. If Robinho disliked the club as much in FM as he did in RL he would of pushed for a transfer. However if he didn't have Madrid as a disliked club then yes he would of stayed. Probably would IRL too.

i can see where your coming from guys, but say Man utd, real madrid someone like that put in a £35-40 Million bid for Benzema tommmorow i think Lyon would take that as a good offer. Its the same for someone like Robinho IRL Man city got him for 32million but if it was football manager and he was still at Madrid then it would probably be double that.

Man city got him because he wanted to leave and was unhappy.

Archived