Offside decisions

To be honest I think offside on FM is basically rubbish.

I don't go a game without getting the AND THEYVE SCORED but did that look a bit dubious?

I understand they're trying to make it as real as possible but I don't like the dubious question as I just get so frustrated about it.

Does anybody else get this often?

I tend to be alright with offside decisions. I've had a bad decision made once or twice but generally these are just hyped up for no reason, i.e. are perfectly legitimate decisions.

However, if the commentary points to the mistake by the ref, you have every right to be aggravated. What you can do tactically is play a deeper defensive line, and if you are playing an offside trap remove it as your players don't seem to be on the right side of the decisions. Faster defenders can also be a solution to stop the striker but won't neccesarily give you the correct decisions. Otherwise, you can complain about the ref in a press conference (but I don't think you can otherwise, if you're not prompted), but all that could possibly accomplish is a silence from the FA, and if you are wrong (which, if the commentary agrees with you, you aren't), then you can get fines and the board won't be pleased about that.

I get a bit of both. I'll see the odd dubious one that goes against me, but have seen many a decision go in my favour. I certainly think that offside decisions are part and parcel of football anyway. How many times do you see offsides debated in the real world? Often, is the answer.

The only thing that does set off alarm bells ringing in my noggin' is when my defence goes walkabout and leaves the oppositions striker between them and my keeper. He's not offside because he's in his own half (I believe that's the rule), but any contracted defender in the world would know not to leave him there. This commonly happens from dead corners of throw ins. I tell players to stay back but they move forward and leave the guy will all the space in the world.

Only reason I've never bugged it is because I've always assumed it was known. Guess I should really check.

I've had a few dodgy decisions against me but then again it has evened out with my team having goals allowed that were really dodgy. i think they are just about right in the game. I understand with the commentary though it is a bit annoying when it tells you that the goal was dubious.

Archived