See now thats just stupid

These bids all tend to depend on the timing when the bid is made. Which is a bit unrealistic really. If i'm after a long term target who's quite expensive (well they tend to be don't they), i keep scouting him because my scouts give me a good idea of how much the club will accept, so i know when to make the offer

Also the limit of what to reject and what to accept has to be put somewhere?

Even for your own players you got a threhold for where you say yes or no on bids.

That value can be 100k, 500k, 13M, 20M, 21M, or any other number.

As buzzer say, there has to be a cutoff point somewhere.

it's not so much who i offered for(nordveit i think thats how its spelled,who has become quite the player come end of 2011) its the fact that over 750k they change their mind
man changing their mind for an extra 750k they are stupid

Why is that stupid?

There has to be a cutoff point somewhere.

Exactly, I do the same, I set a value for a player and if they meet it, I accept, otherwise I reject, even when they only are 750K short.

This is the one I hate :

You offer £15,000,000

They want £20,000,000

so, you offer £18,500,000

they now want £25,000,000

:mad:

Now you think sod it, I'll offer what they initially wanted, £20,000,000

they now want £27,000,000.

Hmmmm. Interesting that.

You think f. this, I don't want him that bad.

They sell him for £10,000,000 to other AI club.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

This is the one I hate :

You offer £15,000,000

They want £20,000,000

so, you offer £18,500,000

they now want £25,000,000

:mad:

Now you think sod it, I'll offer what they initially wanted, £20,000,000

they now want £27,000,000.

Hmmmm. Interesting that.

You think f. this, I don't want him that bad.

They sell him for £10,000,000 to other AI club.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

so you bid £10m when they do

situation probably changed, maybe he became unsettled or something, or was unhappy that your 1st bud was rejected

Yeah he was unhappy with the bid being rejected, but i doubt the situation could change within a day though

Bought a player last night. I offered $X. They asked for $XX plus a 10% sell-on AND one of my fringe squad players. I agreed. The player agreed terms with me. Then it fell through as my player wouldn't leave.

So I bid again - $XX - no sell-on or player-exchange, just the basic sum they'd asked for in the first place. They accepted and I got the guy :rolleyes:

Theres a lot of people treating it like black and white in this thread.

phnompenhandy, perhaps the AI recognised that you could not convince your player to move?

Also you couls treat it as bartering.... ive asked how much Hearts want their 20 year old scottish regen (who is utter class) and they said £25m.. i offered 15 plus clauses and they accepted.

Just because the AI wants £25m doesnt mean thats the lowest they will accept.

---------------------------------------------------------

Also as for the AI not selling you a player for the price the told you... its clear that the AI of that team simply has no interest in letting you have the player.. would you sell your main player to a rival team/somebody you dislike?

When the other AI team offered half of what you did it was probably a team that posed no threat to the original team and as such the deal wouldnt come back to bite them.

well if the player became unsettled that could be the reason. I did it this season with a player, was one of my best so rejected a offer but he was upset so i accepted the next decent offer to come in, can't remember if it was much more or just the same.

well if the player became unsettled that could be the reason. I did it this season with a player, was one of my best so rejected a offer but he was upset so i accepted the next decent offer to come in, can't remember if it was much more or just the same.

that might be the reason, but still considering the timing between offers, and the amount difference, it is ridiculous, they should just negotiate it

I think it is well known that the transfer system in not the best feature of this game but we have to live with it. I offered £42m for Aguero which was rejected, he signed a new contract the next day so I offered £31m, accepted.

With Man City I dont see it as a problem, I just sell them all my deadwood for massive fees :thup:

£750k might seems stupid compared to the initial offer, but it's a couple of weeks wages for some clubs and that carrot might jsut be tasty enough for them to bite.

Aston Villa isn't one of those clubs though, if it were a smaller club id understand it, but not them,

Archived