Players with no 4-4-2 positions?

so, the basic 4-4-2.

Should every young player have at least one natural or acomplished position that fits one of these positions?

I have one player at the moment who's a natural AML, and nothing else. Luckily he's young so I can retrain him to ML, but seriously, I can't think of a single example of a player who can only play as a sweeper, DM or AM and not also as in at least one position in the main 3 defence/midfield/attack lines.

An ML/AML or AML/St would be fine. A DC/DMC or a DMC/MC would be fine. just an AML just seems odd though.

A player that's "natural" as AM L/R should atleast be Accomplished as M L/R, since the only difference between those two are a larger defensive responsibility as M L/R. And I can hardly think of any AM L/R that would actually be so stupid that he couldn't play decently as M L/R...

A player that's "natural" as AM L/R should atleast be Accomplished as M L/R, since the only difference between those two are a larger defensive responsibility as M L/R. And I can hardly think of any AM L/R that would actually be so stupid that he couldn't play decently as M L/R...

I was thinking exactly this earlier, I have a youngster who can play ST/AMR/AML so a good utility player to have on the bench. The only problem is he doesn't have any rating at all for RM/LM so not such a great utility player after all, ridiculous really.

I was thinking exactly this earlier, I have a youngster who can play ST/AMR/AML so a good utility player to have on the bench. The only problem is he doesn't have any rating at all for RM/LM so not such a great utility player after all, ridiculous really.

That is the only one that makes sense to me. He's a wide striker, someone who is really a forward, but can do fine out wide too. any defensive responsibility at all though and he's lost.

What i'm annoyed with is just AML. He's not a winger or a wide striker... He can only play in AML, which really is silly. :-p

Ronaldinho would be a good real world example of someone who is Natural at AML, but would make an awful ML - when was the last time you saw him ever track back and make a tackle :D

PS - I've no idea what he is actually set as in the game.

Natural AMC iirc.

I do't use ML/R, I never have. I find that players are more effective in the AMR/L positions.

I do't use ML/R, I never have. I find that players are more effective in the AMR/L positions.

Same here.

And here in Holland, many teams play a 4-3-3 with a kind of wingers, so no classic 4-4-2, thus no ML/MR. You will see that may Dutch wingers will have AMl/R as natural but nothing else.

Archived