A player retired aged 22, when...

It happened quite a few times on my save too, mostly to players without a club (maybe they've decided to go back to college?). It's a shame because most of them are actually potential stars. Seems to happen only in the first few seasons though, there aren't that many quality free transfers after 10 seasons.

I seem to remember reading somewhere its releated to the much maligned Bojan bug. I cant quite remember how but its something to do with player and club reputations. There have been instances of Daniel Sturridge retireing rather than sign for a championship club which is just bizarre.

real life internationals have ritered to persue other proffesions

like radoslaw matusiak....polish international retired from the game at the age of like 26?....regular international...etc...he left to be a lawyer

real life internationals have ritered to persue other proffesions

like radoslaw matusiak....polish international retired from the game at the age of like 26?....regular international...etc...he left to be a lawyer

Matusiak is still playing for Widzew Łódź.

I've seen this happen too. I was playing as Clube Oriental de Lisboa and was in Liga Vitalis (Second tier of Portugese football) and there was a class 21 year old South African CB who didn't have a club, and with numerous clubs interested in him. I offered him a contract, and despite 'looking for a new club' he rejected me and others, to retire. I was insulted that he'd reather retire than play for me :(

o my bad. i knew he had lefted...i never knew he returned

On August 24, 2007 Matusiak signed a three-year contact with an option for a fourth with Dutch side SC Heerenveen. In January 2008, however, he returned to Poland, being loaned for the duration of the season to Wisła Kraków. In the summer of 2008 his contract with Heerenveen was canceled by mutual agreement. He spent the first half of the 2008-09 season pursuing interests outside of football but rejected media reports that he had retired from the sport. On December 23, 2008 he signed with Widzew Łódź.

thats of wiki

Francisco Duran retired after being released by Liverpool, had League 1 quality according to my scout. Sad to see them go, and a bit of a shame that their isn't an option to persuade a free agent out of retirement with a promise of a new club and promised a certain amount of games a season, which if not fulfilled, means he could leave the club on his own accord.

I'm playing a 9 season long game and I've not seen a single young player retired yet :confused:

Try adding the young players available on free transfers in 'player search' to your shortlist.

Remember it's not just big names, it's youngsters who would have a future for those of us who start at lower league clubs.

Archived