Biggest Waste of Money/ Disappointment

Just wondering what everyones thoughts were on players who are either huge wastes of money or have great stats but just never quite hit the heights?

I have been thinking of this because of one player in particular......Pablo Ore!

Everyone on this forum raves about him and I agree that he does have ace stats after a few seasons and is really cheap.

Because I usually start a game with small clubs I always sign him as soon as I can because he is a guaranteed 10million profit in a couple of years.

However, twice now (once as roma and once as newcastle) I have signed him with the intention of having him play an important role and he has just totally let me down, is he just not good enough for top flight football? I have played him in several positions and although he does have the odd game where he gets a 10 and scores 2 or 3 goals from midfield, he is generally just utter pants!

Another one I would say is similar is Lebohang Mokoena, this guy is just terrible but he also guarantees you a healthy profit in a short space of time.

Freddy Adu, John Obi Mikel....the list goes on of the players who have let me down, there are far better players available really cheap than these guys and they just never live up to their promise.

Just wondering what everyones thoughts were on players who are either huge wastes of money or have great stats but just never quite hit the heights?

I have been thinking of this because of one player in particular......Pablo Ore!

Everyone on this forum raves about him and I agree that he does have ace stats after a few seasons and is really cheap.

Because I usually start a game with small clubs I always sign him as soon as I can because he is a guaranteed 10million profit in a couple of years.

However, twice now (once as roma and once as newcastle) I have signed him with the intention of having him play an important role and he has just totally let me down, is he just not good enough for top flight football? I have played him in several positions and although he does have the odd game where he gets a 10 and scores 2 or 3 goals from midfield, he is generally just utter pants!

Another one I would say is similar is Lebohang Mokoena, this guy is just terrible but he also guarantees you a healthy profit in a short space of time.

Freddy Adu, John Obi Mikel....the list goes on of the players who have let me down, there are far better players available really cheap than these guys and they just never live up to their promise.

Mine would have to be

Sherman Cardenas dont understand why everywon thinks hes good he ended up playing about 10 games in 5 seasons avg. 6.00

Another is Jack Cork as Liverpool had great stats but was injury prone even though the physio said he was fine never lived up too his potential

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

RONALDINIHO

i no it might come as a shoc but with liverpool i sighned him with about 2/3 seasons left in him for 11m, great i thourght 2 or 3 seasons with a class player but nt wat i expected ....average rating was like 6 and scored 2 goals in 34 games , rather shkoing if you ask me !!!!!!!!

Archived