Confused about a contract

Some time ago I signed a couple of youth players from a Czech club and am having to wait till 2011 to sign them due to Czech youth rules.

Now what is confusing me is that I have just received a message stating they have both been released by their club, but are still listed as joining me in 2011.

Now I got itchy feet and didn't want them to retire, so, upon noticing there was an 'approach to sign' heading on their screens, I did just that. For the first player I got a message saying that he would have no intention of joining me and that I would have to pay £300,000 in compensation.

Did they leave the club I have agreed to sign them from, or did the game think they had signed for me (despite not arriving until 2011) and my backroom staff have decided they are not good enough and released them?

I hope they still join me in 2011 because they looked bloody good.

does it show them as joining you in 2011 on there profile or on your future transfers?

they can't have joined you before they are 18

They're both listed as joining me in 2011 (profile and transfers) and both are still at their clubs. I was a little tired last night so my OP may not be accurate. :D

I did get the message saying that they had been released because they were not deemed good enough though. As they are still at their club I can only assume that that message was from my own staff, and that they had been released from my club.

If they had been released from their club then they wouldn't be there. Surely?

I may post this in the bugs forum with screenshots.

Archived