PDA

View Full Version : Club Finances

sammymac
23-01-2009, 19:09
Something that has bugged me for a while now is the deception from clubs who approach you. I was in my second season with Leeds having been promoted from League 1 and i was sitting nicely in 4th around christmas time. then i saw City had sacked Hughes and i was favourite. days later they aproached me and offered me a transfer budget of 125 million which i accepted. i then saw that the clubs balance was 54 million and after a few months i realised that i was losing over 5 million a month. my suggestion to this problem is being allowed to look at the clubs finances before agreeing to sighn for them.

Almondo
23-01-2009, 19:12
With city I wouldn't be too worried as the owner puts in more funds when the balance drops below a certain limit. But yeah 'd like the opportunity to look at club finance before taking over.

Clark123
23-01-2009, 19:15
Im sure other managers IRL dont know the clubs finances of other teams.

jod123
23-01-2009, 19:18
I disagree you should not be able to look at other clubs finances. They can exaggerate their finances to you to attract you like you can exaggerate a players role in a team when trying to sign them for example.

Richardav
23-01-2009, 19:18
With city I wouldn't be too worried as the owner puts in more funds when the balance drops below a certain limit. But yeah 'd like the opportunity to look at club finance before taking over.

yeh when the balance drops to a cetain amount the chairman tops it back up again.

sammymac
23-01-2009, 19:25
Im sure other managers IRL dont know the clubs finances of other teams.

im sorry but i totally disagree if i dont think any club promises loads of money to spend which they havent got

Clark123
23-01-2009, 19:33
im sorry but i totally disagree if i dont think any club promises loads of money to spend which they havent got

I ment it in a different way. For example, Alex Ferguson wouldnt know Chelsea's finances.

sammymac
23-01-2009, 19:35
I ment it in a different way. For example, Alex Ferguson wouldnt know Chelsea's finances.
i dont want to know other teams finances, i want to know the finances of a team who approach me to manage them

Richardav
23-01-2009, 19:38
it be nice to know when a club offers you the job, but irl a club would prob say we have good finances.they wont tell you how much they have.prob not until you take the job.

AB-forever
23-01-2009, 21:12
it be nice to know when a club offers you the job, but irl a club would prob say we have good finances. they wont tell you how much they have.prob not until you take the job.

And you can already check that out for yourself :)

sammymac
23-01-2009, 22:39
And you can already check that out for yourself :)

yes but is too vague e.g. it said city were rich, they offered me 125 million budget but only had 54 million balance. even though this is rich it is not what i was told

AB-forever
23-01-2009, 23:01
yes but is too vague e.g. it said city were rich, they offered me 125 million budget but only had 54 million balance. even though this is rich it is not what i was told

When the filthy rich keeps topping up the bank balance I'd say that's rich :D of course you wouldn't always know this (though if it was a tycoon takeover that happened after the game started you could find out about it as well)...

Campbells
23-01-2009, 23:16

did they give you 125 million to spend, even tho you had 54 mill in the bank, cos if they did then they didnt lie to you, they are expecting you to spend that money and recoup it in competition wins, my board regulary offer me more funds than i have in the bank as they know i will get a return for their investment (usually)