Has any one benn sacked before.....

Ipswich let me go, oh i did meet their long term demands.

1st Season Promotion Via Playoffs and League Cup Winners

2nd Season 5th in Prem and FA Cup Winners

3rd Season 1st in Prem and Uefa Cup Winners

4th Season Sacked, i was gutted .... the club wanted a new direction, they certainly got that they were relegated in 20th position. with my man utd team sending them down!!!

I've been sacked once, I think. I couldn't say for sure. The reason why I think this may be the case, is because for a long time, I used to brag to my friends I'd never been sacked in any version of CM / FM - But then stopped. Maybe because it got old, maybe because I got sacked.

That'll bug me now until I remember. Grrr.

Ohhhhh wait. Yea. FM08 8.0.0 - Due to the confidence issue. Thats why I was sacked.

arsenal were going to sack me (well, not offer a new contract) 2 days before i won the title mathematically with 3 games left. when i won it, they were worried that i might choose to leave as i hadn't signed a new contract icon_confused.gif and offered me a new contract straight away. the second time i did this, i negotiated a 5 year contract.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

arsenal were going to sack me (well, not offer a new contract) 2 days before i won the title mathematically with 3 games left. when i won it, they were worried that i might choose to leave as i hadn't signed a new contract icon_confused.gif and offered me a new contract straight away. the second time i did this, i negotiated a 5 year contract. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

otherwise i haven't been sacked since fm06 icon_biggrin.gif

Twice once as QPR where i came in half way through season and they were bottom of the championship i got them out the relegation zone but then i got sacked :S then as Blackburn i had a disastorous first half to the season and was 18th i then demanded more transfer funds and issued an ultimatum and was sacked otherwise never

Leeds sacked me for declaring a mild interest in the Man City job. I blame the vague options in the press. I was only doing it to say I was flattered, but Bates interpretted this as a lack of loyalty. I was first in the Championship at the time, too. Man City took me on anyway and I did okay with them (relegation zone to 4th spot), while Leeds took another 4 seasons to get promoted icon_biggrin.gif

my last sacking was by Inter Milan

I was 6th in the league but had won the Italian cup and got to to CL semi Final.

after that I joined Lecco and took them to the Serie A

where my Inter players hammered me 6-1 away.

but I beat them 1-0 at home icon_cool.gif and they missed out on the CL yet again...

This was on CM3

This is the first game I have been sacked in since the cm days. Auxerre sacked me then (and I hadn't managed in France since) and Nantes sacked me this time after only 4 months in charge (although 3 days later I got the Bayern Munich job and have been hugely succesfull with them, ha so in fact I came off better for it.)

In fact I am seeing a pattern here maybe I might avoid France like the plague.

Just to change the sunject slightly, if you are reasonably succesful and have a big bank balace say 5 years in does anyone start using "top half finish" as a pre season expectation just to have an easier ride and then move your wages budget around for the funds??

I seam to do it by mistake by going on holiday in the summer and missing the opportunity to pick.

Archived