Players do not accept my tactical orders...

May be it is only me, I am not sure, but I have some major complaints that players do not respect and accept my tactics:

1. I have two games in one save: as manager of Aston Villa and as a second added manager in York

2. I have set past experience: Sunday League Footballer for both managers

3. I have tested the different effect of players behaviour in both cases

First of all, there are some key star players with high ambition/reputation as Ashley Young (Villa) or Jardel (who I have signed for York) who can not motivate themselves to play for "unknown" reputation managers. These two are examples of most negative extremes. In match, that seems like they are not on the pitch (Jardel effect is lower, as he is playing for Conference team).

The effect in Villa is more visible, as there is a lot of players, who can not motivate themselves. They avoid my tactics and instructions despite having no creative freedom, they do a lot of stupid mistakes and they concede a lot of goals, they do not want to win matches, they can not pass, move and what is worst - they CAN NOT TACKLE (team talks are not working in that case). The negative effect of those players is immense. Opponent's players are tackling without any problem, despite high or low tempo, my players are without ball in seconds and what is worse, the ball is glued on the foots of opponent. It is normal to see 3 or 4 my defenders trying to tackle opponent in one time without success creating easy holes in defence despite normal or hard tackling and almost null creative freedom and closing down...they are playing as blind zombies.

In York, there are players with low reputation, or a lot of new players, who were not playing in their old clubs and the possitive effect is very obvious. They are respecting my tactics (except few individuals as Jardel), playing very nice fluent football and I do not have any major complaints against. They are tackling as set in tactics and it is obvious, who has good or poor attributes in all aspects of skills and tactics.

But for Villa, I am not able to avoid that negative effect, which I have mentioned.

What can I do about it? Sell every star player and buy several new? How can I force players to play with passion? Team talks do not help, praising or critizeing does not help either...is the only possible way to avoid this "zombie football" to have a proper reputation for Premier League set before starting the game?

May be it is only me, I am not sure, but I have some major complaints that players do not respect and accept my tactics:

1. I have two games in one save: as manager of Aston Villa and as a second added manager in York

2. I have set past experience: Sunday League Footballer for both managers

3. I have tested the different effect of players behaviour in both cases

First of all, there are some key star players with high ambition/reputation as Ashley Young (Villa) or Jardel (who I have signed for York) who can not motivate themselves to play for "unknown" reputation managers. These two are examples of most negative extremes. In match, that seems like they are not on the pitch (Jardel effect is lower, as he is playing for Conference team).

The effect in Villa is more visible, as there is a lot of players, who can not motivate themselves. They avoid my tactics and instructions despite having no creative freedom, they do a lot of stupid mistakes and they concede a lot of goals, they do not want to win matches, they can not pass, move and what is worst - they CAN NOT TACKLE (team talks are not working in that case). The negative effect of those players is immense. Opponent's players are tackling without any problem, despite high or low tempo, my players are without ball in seconds and what is worse, the ball is glued on the foots of opponent. It is normal to see 3 or 4 my defenders trying to tackle opponent in one time without success creating easy holes in defence despite normal or hard tackling and almost null creative freedom and closing down...they are playing as blind zombies.

In York, there are players with low reputation, or a lot of new players, who were not playing in their old clubs and the possitive effect is very obvious. They are respecting my tactics (except few individuals as Jardel), playing very nice fluent football and I do not have any major complaints against. They are tackling as set in tactics and it is obvious, who has good or poor attributes in all aspects of skills and tactics.

But for Villa, I am not able to avoid that negative effect, which I have mentioned.

What can I do about it? Sell every star player and buy several new? How can I force players to play with passion? Team talks do not help, praising or critizeing does not help either...is the only possible way to avoid this "zombie football" to have a proper reputation for Premier League set before starting the game?

It makes sense, really, that Premiership players would be a bit miffed if a Sunday-league footballer turned up as their new manager. And that they'd be less inclined to listen to their instructions. I'd say that if you're going to manage a team of Villa's reputation from the off, you need to set your experience level higher. On my Boro game, I put myself down as a professional player, I think, and didn't have any problems.

It's probably something that's caught a lot of people out, with this version, though. Maybe it should be a bit clearer - or when you choose your team, it should set your experience to match it by default, and give you the option to change it if you prefer.

It makes sense, really, that Premiership players would be a bit miffed if a Sunday-league footballer turned up as their new manager. And that they'd be less inclined to listen to their instructions. I'd say that if you're going to manage a team of Villa's reputation from the off, you need to set your experience level higher. On my Boro game, I put myself down as a professional player, I think, and didn't have any problems.

It's probably something that's caught a lot of people out, with this version, though. Maybe it should be a bit clearer - or when you choose your team, it should set your experience to match it by default, and give you the option to change it if you prefer.

I can accept the fact, that past experience plays a role in different levels of football - but not so huge as in FM. In FM it should be related for example to transfer market, trainings, learning PPMs etc. and not so huge in accepting the tactics by players. In reality, if unexperienced manager has a skill of man motivating, his past experience is irrelevant. If some player is payed 60000 per week and is instructed to defend deep with no closing down option, it is not a matter of past experience and reputation, if man management, team talks and other aspects are properly set - the player must accept tactics for at least 80%. For example in my Villa game, despite deepest D-Line, lowest closing down, no creative freedom, man marking, no FWRs, OI set to never close up, my central defenders are still everywhere but behind opponents' strikers and conceding soft goals - that is totally different in my York game in which I can clearly see the effect of tactical changes.

For Villa, they incline to play as a zombie player from Conference level (or as Curtis Davies called himself one year ago - pub players) and avoid tactical instructions...only because I was sunday league footballer. But then, show me a 29 years old manager with world class experiences...

The option 'automatic' is there, just use that instead of doing extremely pointless, unrealistic tests and then complaining about the totally realistic outcome.

The option 'automatic' is there, just use that instead of doing extremely pointless, unrealistic tests and then complaining about the totally realistic outcome.

Next time, I will be wiser and I will set it to automatic.

Yeah seems as iff your players are being big headed and acting like kids.. since your repuatation is low they will down on your orders..

on that note i feel aout what this post has said is the fact off maybe its like a difficulty level.

Sunday League Manager - Players dont listen have too try alot harder.

International Manager - Players respect you listen alot more and act towards your tactics.

seems too be the case..

Yeah seems as iff your players are being big headed and acting like kids.. since your repuatation is low they will down on your orders..

on that note i feel aout what this post has said is the fact off maybe its like a difficulty level.

Sunday League Manager - Players dont listen have too try alot harder.

International Manager - Players respect you listen alot more and act towards your tactics.

seems too be the case..

Yes it seems like you have said.

But in FM09 is the difficulty level tougher as it was before...

Archived