Playing a real time game?

Was thinking of doing this, i.e start a game on the same date as real life and play along in real time. i.e a day in the game is a day in real life and i only play a league game every 7 real days.

I was thinking the anticipation all week of my upcoming league game at the weekend would make for a more realistic and interesting gaming experience. Also if i qualify for Europe i can have European games midweek.

Or is this just a terrible idea :)?

It was an idea to help and curb m FM addiction, i just spend way to much time on this game

This will do nothing to curb your FM addiction, you'll just play a different save in between.

If you're really worried that you spend too much time on a game then man up and stop playing it. Get rid of the disc if need be.

This will do nothing to curb your FM addiction, you'll just play a different save in between.

If you're really worried that you spend too much time on a game then man up and stop playing it. Get rid of the disc if need be.

Nah its not that bad mate, but i would still like to cut down a little bit

At least contribute to the thread better by adding reasons.

If one day took 24 hours you would not get through half a season.

If you processed one day for each real day you would play for around 2 minutes a day, there is no advantage at all - just seems like a pointless idea.:thup:

If one day took 24 hours you would not get through half a season.

If you processed one day for each real day you would play for around 2 minutes a day, there is no advantage at all - just seems like a pointless idea.:thup:

:) Cool

Surely it would be alright if you played a different save inbetween.

Not for me. I like the game realistic but there has to be a limit to the realism. I just could not see the point of loading up my game and play one day. Progress would be far too slow for me. However, if you are happy to play that way then go for it. :D

I think the point of FM is you pay 30quid then play as many seasons as you like with any team you like. Great value for money, so this idea, for me, is a waste of time and money but it's your game and your right to play it however and whenever you like.

I've often thought of doing something similar, along with a regular save game. It would give me a way to play full length matches and not worry about it considerably slowing down the length of time it takes to play a season (very long for me as it is).

The problem that springs to mind, for me, is that you would only complete one season in the time between FMs. Ok, so you could continue your save for a second season and play the next installment of FM as well. If you started a real time game with that FM you might start hitting serious time constraints. By a fourth season you may not even have time to play a regular game with the current FM.

In the end I just decided to carry on as normal. It became a fun idea that was dangled before me but didn't have any staying power.

If you find it fun to play just one season, then go for it.

Does anyone know if the fixture lists are the same as in real life in the first season?, if they were i could manage my beloved Liverpool and see if i am as i suspect infact a better manager than Rafa Benitez :)

No there not, I think they use to be years ago but not now unfortunately.

Does anyone know if the fixture lists are the same as in real life in the first season?, if they were i could manage my beloved Liverpool and see if i am as i suspect infact a better manager than Rafa Benitez :)

I hope you're jesting. You can't compare managing on FM to managing a real world football club.

No they are randomally generated. You dont need the same fixtures to know if your better than Raffa, winning the premiership will be proof enough!

Regarding the OP. I often think along the same lines. To be honest I do only complete 2 or 3 games a week as I like to take my time and immerse myself in the whole world of football it allows me to do. At the momoent I'm actually behind (Oct of my 1st season) but I haven't played it as much as I lke, but I prefer the idea of staying roughly within the same period as real life.

Archived