life expectancy of a saved game

whats your average life of your saved game before you get fed up, bored of your current save. not to mention the reason..

because im a very indepth player it takes me along time to do a season, i got to 5 season's on FM09 but my save game was shot so will have to start again, waiting to see what the 9.0.3 patch fixes..

Currently it's about 5 matches into season 1.... numerous reasons including buying a new PC, problems on the old PC, starting a new multiplayer game after getting involved in my own single player game . Oh and not to mention just playing crap and getting fed up of losing...

Longest and most enjoyable game I have so far is I reached the Jan transfer window in season 1 with Newcastle and I'm 3rd in the league. I have underachieved in about 10 games so far and now I'm finally doing a bit better and I'm getting to grips with the intricacies of the tactics.

As you will know, for most of the fixes to work you won't need to start a new game, unless your main point is the expected data update coming with the patch.

I for myself cannot answer your main question re 09 as I'm just in my 3rd season in the game (don't have that much time to play it) but usually I got bored after 5-7 seasons. Usually I want to give the lower leagues a go after always starting out with Newcastle and remaining at the higher levels even if I change clubs. However, this time around I'm determined to just change club and make an unrealistic move down the leagues if one day I feel like having a new challenge. Really want to see an all-regen game one day :)

I used to have a really slow laptop so it would take me a month to complete a season, possibly more. Now I have a new laptop though I'm suddenly completing a season at Scunthorpe in ~3-4 days (or 1 day if it's a weekend and I play all day!). That's probably the only reason I have stuck it out for 8 seasons, all of them still in The Championship. If it took me 8 months to play all those I'd have been monumentally bored with the total lack of progress!

I got bored of my Man United save after 10 seasons. It is too easy now, I win the league and CL pretty much every year and my 1st team is full of world class players that have an average age of 23.

Just started a Pompey save, they are rubbish!

12 real life months is my usual saved game life cycle, i.e. until the next FM is out.

I'm usually about 9-10 months, it takes the first 2-3 months for me to get my head round tactics.

In game, I managed 15 seasons on FM08 and that was my record.

one of the main reason's to get bored seems to be how easy it is to win season after season once you have built an empire.

Why don't SI spend some time making the AI teams more determined to better there squad tobcome world beaters them selves? It's almost like the Ai lacks ambition and they just give in..

If there is domination, why can't a super power of sugur daddy chairman take control of clubs in a bid to challenge us super human's

If I get past the first season, a save usually lasts up to about 2016/17-ish.

With my current Man City save I got bored really quickly, was just about to delete it, until I decided that I'd carry on until I'm self-sufficient (ie more transfer income than expenditure), the wage budget is under 950k, only regens play, I get a new stadium. I'm in 2018 and only the self-sufficient one has happened, but I'm only about 150k off the wage budget target.

So in general, I tire of the game when the real players start to peter out, unless I set myself goals to keep my interest high.

With a top tier team with loads of money? I get sick after about 1/5th of a season.

With a team from a low division? Depends how long it takes to bring it to the top, or for the different forreign player rules in different countries to start to get on my nerves.

Longest on any FM is 21 years...

I think I can beat that one!

In the end it depends on whether or not a new challenge arises or not. In that 21 year save, things changed massively. The challenge changed from trying to get to the top to staying there and developing some great young players. Reading came from no where to become my main title rivals after the fall of the £1.7 Billion rated Arsenal inexplicably collapsed (2017-18: 2nd, by 3 points, 2018-19: 17th, on goal difference!). Anyhow, in my current game things were getting a bit easy, but Arsenal are now 5 points clear this season! Got my first league loss in 2 and a half/ 3 years to them in the second match of the season, so it's certainly a different kettle of fish again.

I've heard of 150+ year careers before... Don't know how the manager was still alive to continue though.

Archived