Issue with getting the game to run

Hi, i have two computers (both Windows XP) and FM2009 doesnt seem to want to work on either. I installed it on the one im currently on so i could activate it via the internet, as my other computer doesnt have an internet connection. I installed and activated it fine and i could play it no problem. I then downloaded patch 9.0.2 and installed that now when i try to load up FM i just get: Cannot load game. Failed to set up graphics system. This is odd seeming as it ran fine before i installed the patch.

Annoyed by this i then installed it on my other computer (The only large thing on it was FM 2008, which i uninstalled anyway so memory shouldnt be an issue), it installed fine but it wont run. I dont even get the activation menu like i did when i installed it on the first computer, i just get: The application failed to initialise properly (0xc0150002). Click ok to terminate the application. I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing the game again but got the same result.

This is a very annoying problem as all i want to do is play the game. Cheers for any help though.

Both of these are known issues and the fixes are in the Known issues thread. Please try searching next time

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

Hi SI have he following advice on th graphics issue:

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

When downloading this file please use the Firefox browser as some people have encounter difficulties when using Internet Explorer

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Also if you are running Steam, make sure this is not running when attempting to install

Not sure about the other error but when you uninstall I would suggest you make sure it is a clean uninstall before you reinstall as sometimes that can make a difference.

Archived