World Player of the Year

15 December 2008 was a great day in the history of Stevenage Borough as Steve Morison pipped Christiano Ronaldo to the World Player of the year title!

Using thebugels433 tactic, Morison has certainly been going through a bit of a purple patch (37 goals in 33 games and an average rating of 8.54) but even I was surprised to see him win the award when he can't even pick up the BSP player of the month award.

I'd have loved to have been at that awards ceremony. Sir Alex must have been seething!

I think it might be a bug, as on my game it is always someone from Lyon/Shakther who wins it.

Never seems to be a big player.

Its not a bug its whoever gets the highest avr over the year that wins it.

Ive had benzema,ronaldo,torres win it on some of my saves so its not a bug

Its not a bug its whoever gets the highest avr over the year that wins it.

Ive had benzema,ronaldo,torres win it on some of my saves so its not a bug

It can't be av rating, on FMH08 a player called Dirk Zimmermann(best name EVER!) won it, he played for me as Watford, and he had a av rating of around 7.5:confused:

This going anywhere or are you just telling us that one of your players got world player of the year.

This can go wherever you want it to go.

It most certainly is a bug. Steve Morison winning World Player of the Year while playing in the Blue Square Premier is like Christopher Biggins winning an Oscar for his portrayal of Widow Twanky!

True. It could happen - but it won't.

My reasoning that it's a bug is based on the fact that he's apparently not good enough to win the BSP player of the month award. To date, Calum Willock (Stevenage) has won it twice, Lee Boylan (Stevenage) once and another bloke who doesn't play for for Stevenage has won it as well. Morison must have been saving it up for the big one!

Archived