Got any tips for me?

Ay up all.

Been reading the forum for a while now so i thought id get amungst it and register.

Basically ive had FM09 for about two month now having never player any of the earlier versions (due to never having a good enough PC to run it) and i were just wondering if anyones got any tips for me to be a better manager on the game.

I started with Sheff Utd and got fired after 199 days, didnt even get a warning, they just sacked me straight up. SLAGS! (probably should have started with a lower league team, It was a miracle if Chris Morgan could stay on the pitch for 90mins without comitting GBH...quite realistic really.) Then I was unemployed, and thought i was unemployable for about a year when i got the Brentford job as i didnt want to start a new file.

Been going ok with the Bees (quite attached) and always hovering in 12th- 8th place, got into a play-off spot on the last game of the season and subsequently lost to Port Vale or something... starting my second season with them now. But i rely on loan players too much!

Anyhow, Im having BIG financial problems. Brentford have a low budget and im having problems getting good enough players that will still fit into my p/w budget and still have the quality to take it to the next level. Ive read about these regen players, how do i find the best ones? TELL ME YOU ACTUAL FM GEEKS! :D

Also, how long does a work permit usually take to clear?

feel free to tell me how to play the game or enlighten me with some knowledge. bless.

Archived