Black Screen Problem which i can't play the game

There's a few things you need to ensure you have:

Most recent graphics card driver

Most recent java

Most recent directx

9.2.0 patch

If the problem is still occurring after you have updated all of these things, you are best to post in the Technical Issues Forum. Cheers.

Appreciate it, i have all of those which you mentioned. I had it all working until i downloaded a few other skins and started using before such a problem occured. Is there anything that perharps i can delete e.g registry, so that i can reinstall it and get it working because i have reinstalled n deleted the common folders but it's still not working? Any advice?

Appreciate it, i have all of those which you mentioned. I had it all working until i downloaded a few other skins and started using before such a problem occured. Is there anything that perharps i can delete e.g registry, so that i can reinstall it and get it working because i have reinstalled n deleted the common folders but it's still not working? Any advice?

In future if you could provide this information when making the originalk post it will help us help you better.

Sounds like something went badly wrong with the skins. Try to delete your cache (instructions on how to do this are here). If this fails then uninstall the game, ensure all fm files are deleted (including third party skins etc) and then reinstall.

I had a similar problem. My problem was that once i had downloaded the skin, i unzipped it and exported it to the relevant folder. However, on exporting it i didn't export all files. It sounds like you haven't exported the other file(s) containing fonts, characters etc. Go back to your relevant folder (documents>sports interactive>fm09>skins), delete the files you extracted and re-extract ALL the files. Then just reload the skin when you're in game. Should load up ok then.

Archived