Early Retirements

Yes it does, I had a Brazillian regen called Joao(or something similar) retire on FM08 because he had a back injury that kept coming back. I was paying him £70k p/w and he didn't play for over two years:mad:

How old was he when he retired?

I get a lot of young players retiring where they have been without a club for a while. Can be a bit annoying as I always seem to find them AFTER they have decided to retire, so I can't sign them! Some of them have very good stats.

yep this is one of the tings included in FM09, mainly for people out of contract for a while. Arturo Lupoli is one i remember, had him on trial and was going to get him at the end of the season but he retired as he hadnt had a club for a while

I get a lot of young players retiring where they have been without a club for a while. Can be a bit annoying as I always seem to find them AFTER they have decided to retire, so I can't sign them! Some of them have very good stats.

Happened to me a lot in FM08, does it still happen in 09. I noticed a fantastic 19 yr old Chinese left winger just after he had decided to retire, he'd been without a club for 3 years and his PA was 198 :rolleyes:

I'm managing in the lower leagues of Northern Ireland and like WWFC Fan I find that a lot of young players that do not get signed by a club, after being previously released, retire very quickly. Their ages could range from 17-22 in most cases. This can be frustrating as I quite often try to sign them after giving them a trial however with little money I often have to wait a while before I have the funds available to sign them which leads to them retiring in the mean time.

Archived