Merchandising Feeder Club Help Needed

Hi.

I'm playing as Leeds United, and now in my 3rd season. The club is now in the Coca-Cola Championship.

I requested a new feeder club, and the board gave me the choice of type. I requested a commercial link, and the board returned with only one recommendation. This was Mitaka Discovery FC who are in the Nihon-League 2 in Japan. The proposition requires Leeds to pay an annual fee of £573,000 per annum.

And so, the question I need a decent answer to is this - Will it be worth it?

I understand that having a link in Japan will boost merchandise sales, but over a year will I make the fee I will be paying Mitaka Discovery FC back and make some money on top of that, or is it not really a good investment?

Any help is appreciated - Thanks!

with you get a feeder from usa and so on,how do you get the merchandising money,do you have to play games there or go on tour and play you team you have as a feeder. always wanted to know that.

I think playing them in friendlies, and going on tour in the country your merchandising feeder club definitly boosts the merchandising revenue you get, but I think if you don't do that you still get a bit of merchandising revenue.

I think i'll accept the boards recommendation, and see how it goes. I suppose I can always cancel the link if it doesn't go well after the first season or two.

It isn't always worth taking a Merchandising Feeder if you aren't a team performing in a top league. As you are in the Championship I wouldn't say it was worth it, on FM2008 I had a merchandising feeder on a club I joined after the were relegated from the Premier League and it brought in much less money then it cost (£2m I think it was). The clubs profile just wasn't big enough outside the Premier League.

Take a look at your current annual merchandise income and judge from that. I feeder club is likely to increase that percentage-wise, not by an absolute sum so if you only gained £400k last season then a feeder club is not going to boost that up over £1 million so it isn't worth paying > £500k for.

If, on the other hand, your merchandise income for last season was more like £3 million then it is probably worth taking a punt and then review at the end of the season, comparing your new Merchandise income with that of last year. There are other effects as well, but that is a good basic guide. I have no idea what kind of percentage boost a merchandise feeder club will give you though and I'm sure it varies a lot, but is obviously not going to be anywhere near a 100% boost.

Archived