laptop shutting down

my wife bought me fm09 for my birthday, i installed it all correctly can only play the game for 5 mins or so then my laptop closes down it doesn't do it while playing other games and it has more than enough spec to run the game....can anyone help...i need to get on this game ASAP. :confused:

It actually is normally a GPU (graphics card) overheat if the comp shuts down like that. If it is CPU you generally get a warning. What graphics card do you have? Of course this is really unlikely i know because of the fact that this isn't a graphically intense product :p

Here is what I did to fix my over heating temps.

Turn off the laptop. Unplug the power and take off the battery.

Unscrew any of the panels you can to expose the circuits.

Get a high pressure air can and just blow through the vents. Some vents you can access inside so blow from the inside out, others you will have to blow the dust bacinto the laptop but you should beable to just blow it out from the exposed panels.

I had lots of dust in mine and temps were around 65 at idle. Now they are 40 at idle.

thx for all the advice i took the pannels off the bottom and all looked fine just a bit of surface dust THEN i removed the fan and OMG must have been about an inch of dust all the way round it, so cleaned and put back together 3hrs of footie manager and no shut down. AN extra big THANK YOU TO YOU ALL...

Archived