French and German Leagues missing - third time,07,08 and now 09 - looking for refund

Hi,

There are no French or German Leagues in my copy of FM2009, this is the third game in a row that this has been the case (was the same in 2007 and 2008) so obviously has something to do with my hardware and a conflict with the game. I am no longer willing to just put up with it this year. I would like to request a refund as the game is obviously incomplete and because I stupidly bought it from steam (my first and last purchase there) I cant just take it back to the shop so require someone from SI's help.

I did already email the support email at sigames but received no reply, if someone at SI who deals with customer care could pm me an email address so we don't have to continue this conversation on a public forum I would be happy to do that.

Cheers

Alan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand how your copy of the game can have no French or German leagues, yet it's included in the game.

If it's down to your hardware configuration, then it's down to you. What are your PC's specs?

I don't understand this either. It won't be a hardware issue, do you mean you don't have ANY of these leagues or just certain ones?

Also, you're out of luck on the refund front. SI aren't responsible for refunds and Steam don't give them - this is something you should have agreed to when signing upto (or buying from) Steam.

You have had the leagues in the past 3 games, you just haven't selected them. Or you're complaining that certain leagues aren't in, in which case - join the cue.

I think this could just be an attention-seeking thread. Want a refund? Go get one.

Refund? Perhaps you should try and contact steam who you paid the money to and not SI who MAKE the game, good luck with that!

Chances are you wont get a refund off steam, but remember, there is a demo out before the full game is released so its possible to try before you buy.

I don't understand this either. It won't be a hardware issue, do you mean you don't have ANY of these leagues or just certain ones?

Also, you're out of luck on the refund front. SI aren't responsible for refunds and Steam don't give them - this is something you should have agreed to when signing upto (or buying from) Steam.

I think that's fair enough if the game works properly, it however doesn't. I cant see how that's not SI's responsibility.

I mean exactly what I say, at the start of the game when you get to select active leagues neither the German or French leagues appears as a selectable option. I can upload pic's etc if SI wish, however i did all that for 2007 and it was never fixed so this year i think i would just rather speak to someone in SI who can arrange a refund. I don't think i am being unreasonable.

I should also mention this has always been a fresh install with no database tampering cause im sure that will be the next question.

Refund? Perhaps you should try and contact steam who you paid the money to and not SI who MAKE the game, good luck with that!

Chances are you wont get a refund off steam, but remember, there is a demo out before the full game is released so its possible to try before you buy.

mate i hear you, i cant even get them to reply to an email. and SI have produced the product so i think i am as entitled to speak to them.

Are you suggesting because i didn't try a demo of the game first its my fault it now wont work and so I'm not entitled to a refund? considering I've been a loyal customer to SI since CM93 im going to be pretty ****ed off if that's there attitude too.

This whole thing makes no sense, why would only this one person not be able to play the French or German leagues in the past 3 games? :confused:

i wasn't the only person, there was a fair few off us who had a long thread in the technical help for both 2007 and 2006, however its obv not a common fault. I am just not feeling like just accepting it this year.

mate i hear you, i cant even get them to reply to an email. and SI have produced the product so i think i am as entitled to speak to them.

Are you suggesting because i didn't try a demo of the game first its my fault it now wont work and so I'm not entitled to a refund? considering I've been a loyal customer to SI since CM93 im going to be pretty ****ed off if that's there attitude too.

No, was just saying that if you have had this problem for a series of games, it would surely make sense to take advantage of the strawberry demo to see if the issues still affect you.

For reference, it will be steam that deal with refunds, not SI, perhaps you should try contacting the steam support?

Just done a quick search and found this, probably worth posting this in there and seeing if nbrocky or another QA guy has any more advice

same as before, small number of us with this problem, hard for SI to reproduce and thus fix, which is fair enough, but i am not willing to pay for a sub standard product again (despite my love for this game and SI in general) so I think the only fair thing here is to get a refund. I don't think I am being unreasonable.

No, was just saying that if you have had this problem for a series of games, it would surely make sense to take advantage of the strawberry demo to see if the issues still affect you.

For reference, it will be steam that deal with refunds, not SI, perhaps you should try contacting the steam support?

fair point simon, if i had really been thinking i would have but as this was my first steam purchase i didn't know that they don't offer refunds, so stupidly assumed if i had a problem i could speak to steam and they would refund. My mistake and i wont be buying anything from steam again.

Alboot, there is both German and French leagues I know because check them on my save game. i have to warn you that the German league I think that SI doesn't have the rights to put them on the game correctly. If you go see national team the players are grayed out.

There is however a way to correct this by simply downloading a file name Fake file developed by the people on the forums of sortitoutsi.net.

Concerning the leagues there is drop down list or something in the top of list of nations to choose the leagues. Confirm if it is chosen to "View All". It should appear there on the list.

If it isn't still not showing then my advise is to download the Fake File that puts the correct names in all leagues as well put correctly the German National team.

Cheers.

same as before, small number of us with this problem, hard for SI to reproduce and thus fix, which is fair enough, but i am not willing to pay for a sub standard product again (despite my love for this game and SI in general) so I think the only fair thing here is to get a refund. I don't think I am being unreasonable.

You aint gonna get a refund by moaning repeatedly on here, SI don't deal with that, you need to contact Steam

If I was you I would be trying everything to try and fix this, seeing as you profess to love the game so much, so why not post in the thread I linked and try to get some help and maybe even help SI out in the process?

grade I have tried it with every file and combination you can think off between this and 2007, its not a .fake file problem nor a firewall probem nor a reinstall problem (i am a computer science graduate, just so you know I have an idea what I am talking about). the only thing i can come up with is some rare combination of the game and my hardware wich so far no one has been able to put there finger on (and thus fix).

Uninstall and Re Install maybe ? simple yet no one has said it lol looks like data corruption! Are you using a custom Database or have you used either a In-Game Editor or used the FM09 editor At all ?

reinstalled several times, as I already said earlier I have used none of the above just the official SI updates

grade I have tried it with every file and combination you can think off between this and 2007, its not a .fake file problem nor a firewall probem nor a reinstall problem (i am a computer science graduate, just so you know I have an idea what I am talking about). the only thing i can come up with is some rare combination of the game and my hardware wich so far no one has been able to put there finger on (and thus fix).

I'm gonna try this once more, hopefully 3rd times a charm, try posting in this thread, it will more likely come to the attention of someone who can help in that forum

I'm gonna try this once more, hopefully 3rd times a charm, try posting in this thread, it will more likely come to the attention of someone who can help in that forum

thanks for your help ftg i wasn't ignoring you, I have already posted the issue in the technical section as well, it is the very top post.

You aint gonna get a refund by moaning repeatedly on here, SI don't deal with that, you need to contact Steam

If I was you I would be trying everything to try and fix this, seeing as you profess to love the game so much, so why not post in the thread I linked and try to get some help and maybe even help SI out in the process?

This guy has a problem and he is not moaning. He is COMPLAINING to the maker of the game. It is not his responsibility to fix it.

This guy has a problem and he is not moaning. He is COMPLAINING to the maker of the game. It is not his responsibility to fix it.

What's the difference between moaning and complaining? They seem pretty similar concepts to me, and where exactly did I say it was his responsibility to fix this?

thanks for your help ftg i wasn't ignoring you, I have already posted the issue in the technical section as well, it is the very top post.

You posted in the PC Support forum, I linked to a thread in the Technical Issues subforum of the Bugs Forum, try bumping that thread back to the top with your situation and screenie and seeing if anyone can help you there

I don't think I am moaning or complaining just want to get to speak to someone in customer care at SI and the email address on the SI website seems to be out of date. I am also conscious that i don't want to be spamming ten of SI's forums with the same thread, surely the same folk that handle technical issues, handle PC support? perhaps i'm wrong, if so ill start a new thread in technical support next week.

I simply suggested installing that file because those leagues are not permitted, because SI don't have the rights for it. Also the leagues you want to play may be listed on different name it has happen on FM08 with me, but that file fix it.

I simply suggested installing that file because those leagues are not permitted, because SI don't have the rights for it. Also the leagues you want to play may be listed on different name it has happen on FM08 with me, but that file fix it.

i did see were you were coming from grade, but that file simply overlays the code underneath with new names, which is obv not the problem in my case as the leagues are not there at all

This customer has every right to moan or complain - he is not being given what he is paying for through no fault of his own and has gone through reasonable measures to set it right himself.

Does FM have to kill his family before he can moan or something? My word...

An actual store so i have the cds, however i decided I would just rather have the games without the leagues the last two years than not have the game at all because i love CM/FM.

This year however I just feel enough is enough, and if I cant play the full game as intended I would just rather not have it.

Then i don't know how to help you, because I bought the Fm07, fm08 and fm09 in phisical cds and dvd and I have those leagues.

Did you used that kind of file (it exists different versions for different game) on the other games? Because beside the Hardware issue like you suggested, the other thing that comes to mind is the leagues be with different name. Like i Said it happen with germany on my FM08 and that file i suggested fixed it.

I may be stating the obvious, but my other suggestion is to try install those FM07 or FM08 on another computer as test to rule out the hardware or software issues.

alboot, have you had the same PC since buying FM07? If the problem has been replicated on 07, 08 & 09 is there not a chance that there is a hardware compatibility issue or more likely some piece of unrelated software that is causing a corrupt installation.

instead of a refund why not ask for a replacement, much easier for both sides, wouldnt SI want the disc back if it was a refund. surely an amicable solution could be made.

because a replacement wont work, its still going to be the same software compatibility issue. I am moe tha happy to try thought if SI wish it.

alboot, have you had the same PC since buying FM07? If the problem has been replicated on 07, 08 & 09 is there not a chance that there is a hardware compatibility issue or more likely some piece of unrelated software that is causing a corrupt installation.

give that man a cigar! thats pretty much what i think (and have been saying) barside, i have had the same hardware BUT different operating systems / clean installs / spyware checkers / firewalls / etc etc so i think it cant be software, it has to be some hidden hardware conflict. As a result i don't think SI is likely to figure out what is obv an unusual conflict and thus they are unlikely to be able to fix this just for me (its also not probably fiscally sensible for them to do a recode for an obv small number of people), and as this is hardly my fault I am requesting a refund.

Archived