fml is to fm series as f1 is to the automobile

i ask this question after reading the support stuff on fmlive here.

it seems fmlive players will be able to build their own stadiums, so i am wondering is fmlive the testing area for future fm games.

from what ive read about building your own stadium in fmlive, i really hope that one day (hopefully fm10) will impliment this idea in to it.

i would be really interested in your views on this subject

Stadium building is nothing to with being a manager of a club and therefore it gets a no for me! After all, it is called football manager and not building design manager or architect simulator.

If i wanted to build a stadium i would buy fifa manager!

Its just my opinion of course.

Stuff in FM10 will likely come from being tested in FML but that doesn't mean all features in FML will make it to FM10.

I don't think we will see this optio because real life managers don't have the input into a new stadium. FML is more about creating your own team, whereas FM isn't.

IMO, the reason this is in FML is because you have a much greater level of control over all aspects of the club that in FM, ie, you have to build the club from ground level upwards, whereas in FM you take over an existing club and play from there

FML is a completely separate game to FM in many ways, but is at the same time, very similar (for obvious reasons) so, like Neji pointed out, stuff from FML will likely become part of FM and also vice versa, but only things which are suitable and I don't think this is

i was only using the stadium part as an example but my main point was that fmlive was a testing ground for new fm features

there are other things which interest me though like fans personalities, good to know financial wise how many die hard,corporate etc attend a match. similar to as some have mentioned on the boards wanting to see how many of their teams fans attend matches ie away fans.

but like you said its not a managers job to worry about stadium building, but then again in game you can ask for stadium expansion or new stadium, wouldnt those be out of a managers hands in rl football

but like you said its not a managers job to worry about stadium building, but then again in game you can ask for stadium expansion or new stadium, wouldnt those be out of a managers hands in rl football

They would but for some things, we need something to get the ball rolling otherwise things don't happen as often as they should. For those features, SI sacrifice a little bit of reality for a better game.

• SI Staff

FML is a different beast to FM. Just because something is in FML doesn't mean it will be in FM (although we do share a lot of ideas)

I can't see stadium building appearing in a future Football Manager game.

well in FML you are the manager, the chairman, the groundsman, the physio, the coaches, the scouting. You ARE the football club :p

Although i have to say the match engine is completley different to the 09 ME. Defence is way too good. More to the point: The wingbacks are too good. (slightly off topic yes granted :p)

Archived