How Do You Play the Game Tactically?

How Do You Play the Game Tactically?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Play the Game Tactically?

• Plug and Play with the odd tweak
    • Micro Manage - Using tactic sets and/or a lot of in-game tweaking
    • Somewhere inbetween

I ask because i was told that i see so many dodgy results where i lose/draw games i should win easily, because of the way that i play the game?

My response to that is that i've tried playing the game whereby i switch tactics and/or tweak depending on the situation, but have found that it has made little/no difference.

I have a PKM as an example.

http://files.filefront.com/West+Ham+v+Newcastlepkm

Could a Moderator change the thread title to the poll question please?

Thanks

Make a new thread like normal.

Near the bottom there is a section called 'post a poll'

Tick the box

Enter your poll

Yeah cheers, i have messed this up and may need to start afresh unless a Moderator could change the thread title?

Thanks to whoever edited the title!!!

I make one tactic per era, if you will. I have a selection of player pick the best ones and try and vary things a little and build one tactic and stick with it doing in game changes as and when. At the minute i find player fast players work better ball through the middle to them works well.

Interesting

If the voting so far was actually a true indicator of how the vast majority of FM'ers actually played the game, would it not seem to suggest that the game is headed in the wrong direction and that most FM'ers would prefer to play it in a much simpler(not easier) form?

Personally, i would prefer the added depth and more difficulty, but not at the cost as is the case at this moment, that i am clueless as to whether the problem is with my tactics or if i'm just playing poorly?

I think a much better balance needs to be reached to achieve the goals that SI appear to be headed towards, which must come in the way of giving us an understanding of just where/if we are going wrong?

Any thoughts?

"Somewhere inbetween"

Have found though that it's getting harder and harder to find anything consistant, meaning i feel every game is so different that i am forced to watch them in full to make changes accordingly.

I really hope this is not the direction SI will take FM to. It is taking longer and longer to get through seasons because of pointless gimick features, and if you make the tactical side so time consuming that you need to watch all games in full i loose the part that is most fun for me.

The longterm game.

Going through countless seasons with a team so i become a legend there and make the club #1 in the world.

Player development and watching young stars grow old with you and finaly retire at the club that he started at.

I selected "plug and play with the odd tweak", but never tweak. I find my tactic and then I never stray from it, even if i'm losing.

This is exactly how i play, i would prefer to play the game in more depth, but i have found it completely unproductive, so stick to plug and play as it is less time consuming, with almost identical results.

Fullbacks seem unable to cope with wingers and DC's seem to always lack a yard of pace against ST's.

In short - if you don't attack from the off and look to score more than the AI, you will not be as successful. The present version of the game does not reward defensive play anywhere near as much as it does attacking.

Polar Bear summed it up nicely somewhere else on here recently: the defensive and set piece parts of the match engine are totally hacked and not very realistic at all in 9.2.

In short - if you don't attack from the off and look to score more than the AI, you will not be as successful. The present version of the game does not reward defensive play.

I dunno about that. I have a lot of issues with the match engine and think it's a shoddy peice of work, but using CaptainPLanet's tactic I managed to get 6th in Serie A with Udinese and had the best defensive record. IMO there are greater concerns with the ME than defensive play and it's shortcomings.

Fullbacks seem unable to cope with wingers and DC's seem to always lack a yard of pace against ST's.

In short - if you don't attack from the off and look to score more than the AI, you will not be as successful. The present version of the game does not reward defensive play anywhere near as much as it does attacking.

Polar Bear summed it up nicely somewhere else on here recently: the defensive and set piece parts of the match engine are totally hacked and not very realistic at all in 9.2.

Yes, i find that whoever i play as and however well i am doing, my players always make the most schoolboy errors that are non tactic/instruction related and that AI defenders tend to react quicker than my own against pacey strikers.

Archived