Improving Reputation As Manager

Hi Gang,

I started a game unemployed, with no reputation, and managed to get the job at BSP side Weymouth. I'm enjoying the challenge, but my goal is to move up the leagues until I'm a top flight manager. I've got plenty of small leagues running in other countries, not just in England, so there's plenty of scope for me to move around.

Anyway, to do this, I need to improve my reputation. Now Weymouth were predicted to drop, and I was told simply "to enjoy the experience of playing in the BSP". However, I've managed to get the 'mouth into the top 4 of the table, we're performing hugely above expectation. It's now March, and we're looking set for a playoff position. However, my reputation is still "Unproven". I'm in the semi-final of the league cup, too, whatever it's called.

So when will my reputation start to go up? Is the change generally just at the close of the season, based on relative performance to expectation? What timescale am I looking at to improve my repuation, a few seasons?

I hope for my next step to be taking a job in a foreign league like France or Germany, although, obviously, it will be with a lower league side in that country. Baby steps, of course..

The Conference League Cup, you mean?

I think it should improve if you actually win promotion or the cup. Don't think it goes up randomly for no reason though, I think something has to actually push it higher.

You just have to keep winning.Weymouth are a very small club so you can imagine you'd have to do a lot to get noticed as a manager with them.Just move up through the leagues and your reputation will go up.

Mine went from regional to continental with Vicenza but it did take 7 years.

Archived