Leaving Club For Another

In June (the last month of my contract) of my third season with Rangers, I've been offered a contract with Napoli. Due to the large transfer budget being offered I want to take it, but if I accept the job would I ever be able to return to Rangers? I seem to remember someone saying that if you leave a club before your contract runs out, then you'd be unable to return to that club.

When you leave a club you are put on the disliked list of that club at the highest strength which makes it very unlikely but not impossible. It something that should be changed IMO because even a club legend will be put on that list which makes no sense.

If you leave a club vefore your contract runs out or you get sacked, you become 100% disliked personnel. It's unlikely that you would get the chance to manage Rangers again, but not impossible.

PS: Sorry it took so long to reply, but Neji pm'd me to find out the answer.

When you leave a club you are put on the disliked list of that club at the highest strength which makes it very unlikely but not impossible. It something that should be changed IMO because even a club legend will be put on that list which makes no sense.
If you leave a club vefore your contract runs out or you get sacked, you become 100% disliked personnel. It's unlikely that you would get the chance to manage Rangers again, but not impossible.

PS: Sorry it took so long to reply, but Neji pm'd me to find out the answer.

Going off on a bit of a tangent but do you not think this something to be reviewed, and hopefully ammended.

Giving a real life example, Paul Ince, i doubt very much he is on the disliked list at the MK Dons because he left to take a job at a club with a much higher reputation that the Dons, should these factors not come into it

Going off on a bit of a tangent but do you not think this something to be reviewed, and hopefully ammended.

Giving a real life example, Paul Ince, i doubt very much he is on the disliked list at the MK Dons because he left to take a job at a club with a much higher reputation that the Dons, should these factors not come into it

Agreed. Using my example, I've just come off the back off 2 Scottish Premier League titles in a row, left the club in a far improved financial state, and rejected 2 job offers from big clubs during the season so as to not leave the club in the lurch. I only left in the last 3 weeks of my contract.

Agreed. Using my example, I've just come off the back off 2 Scottish Premier League titles in a row, left the club in a far improved financial state, and rejected 2 job offers from big clubs during the season so as to not leave the club in the lurch. I only left in the last 3 weeks of my contract.

Can't you then just leave at the end of the season? There should be an according option in the contract negotiations with Napoli, just like the transfer date on the transfers negotiation screens. Then you would leave at the end of your contract and shouldn't be on the disliked people list.

Can't you then just leave at the end of the season? There should be an according option in the contract negotiations with Napoli, just like the transfer date on the transfers negotiation screens. Then you would leave at the end of your contract and shouldn't be on the disliked people list.

I checked that bu tit was greyed out. I had the option to delay for a week but that was all.

Archived