FAO Football Manager makers

Why is it that you insist in creating regens? Why can't a player, once they're retired, restart his career as a 16 or 17 year old all over again?

Personally I hate regens and it spolis the game for me. I buy FM to manage REAL great players. I find myself starting a new game after 8 or 9 seasons.

Why don't you consider putting an option in the Prefrences where we can choose weather we play the game with regens or with simply recycled real players?

And also...why is it that you won't create a feature in the database that allows us to create our own World League?

Hawar a similar system used to be in place not all that long ago, where (to use your example) a 16 year old Beckham would be regenerated at a English club with very similar traits who would develop into the identical player that Beckham was but with a random English sounding name such as 'Ian Taylor'. If you prefer it like this go back and give one of the CMs a try, circa 2000. I think most people are fairly happy with the transition from regens to newgens though

If players started their careers again when they retired then you would know who to sign. You would never have that feeling of finding a 16 year old Australian playing for Perth, signing him for £8k and watching him tear apart Barca in the CL Final 6 years later. :thup:

because that's stupid

Could you please express your opinion with your reasons in the future as you did nothing but make the OP feel small.

This is the system used in Championship Manager I believe so there is one option. I don't really no what else you can do other than restart the game frequently. I really enjoy having regens and having them develop under my guidance.

I love having regens

finding a 16 year old and taking him through his whole career till he retires and becomes a coach or manager and that.

I'd hate it if people were regenerated but younger.

I like buying real players at the start but soon after my team is just regens.

Why is it that you insist in creating regens? Why can't a player, once they're retired, restart his career as a 16 or 17 year old all over again?

Personally I hate regens and it spolis the game for me. I buy FM to manage REAL great players. I find myself starting a new game after 8 or 9 seasons.

Why don't you consider putting an option in the Prefrences where we can choose weather we play the game with regens or with simply recycled real players?

And also...why is it that you won't create a feature in the database that allows us to create our own World League?

Quite possibly one of the worst ideas I think I've ever come across. As others have said, just start a new game if you don't like regens.

If players started their careers again when they retired then you would know who to sign. You would never have that feeling of finding a 16 year old Australian playing for Perth, signing him for £8k and watching him tear apart Barca in the CL Final 6 years later. :thup:

And that person would be me:D

Because about 99% of FMers don't want this to happen. It's fair enough that you don't like them, that's your choice. But pretty much everyone else likes it the way it is.

This has to be the single worst idea I have ever encountered on any type of internet forum.

I am actually quite distressed that there is someone out there who has the cognitive ability to even form such a ridiculous idea in their brain. I hope you never get a job in which you are required to make important decisions.

This idea would be absolutely ridiculous whichever way you look at it. Liverpool would have Gerrard as their captain until he retired at 35 or so, and then snap his reincarnated body up when he appears as a 16 yr old.

The only way you could get around this is if your board announced they had created an age-reversing spell which you can give to your players if they have the right magical abilities. But then you'd have to introduce a magic ability out of 20, and those with higher ability could reverse further back in age. If this was to happen, you'd also have to rename the game Harry Potter Manager- and start intrdoucing fairies and goblins as reserve team coaches, and players in 3D can be shown flying around on broomsticks when kicking the ball.

Come to think of it...not such a bad idea...

Strange idea.

Not at lot quite as satisfying in the game as nurturing that random kid who pops up one summer into a club's hero. Much better than the idea of just signing a team of ex-superstars as cheap teenagers, winning everything for 15 years and repeating the process every time someone retires.

This has to be the single worst idea I have ever encountered on any type of internet forum.

I am actually quite distressed that there is someone out there who has the cognitive ability to even form such a ridiculous idea in their brain. I hope you never get a job in which you are required to make important decisions.

This idea would be absolutely ridiculous whichever way you look at it. Liverpool would have Gerrard as their captain until he retired at 35 or so, and then snap his reincarnated body up when he appears as a 16 yr old.

The only way you could get around this is if your board announced they had created an age-reversing spell which you can give to your players if they have the right magical abilities. But then you'd have to introduce a magic ability out of 20, and those with higher ability could reverse further back in age. If this was to happen, you'd also have to rename the game Harry Potter Manager- and start intrdoucing fairies and goblins as reserve team coaches, and players in 3D can be shown flying around on broomsticks when kicking the ball.

Come to think of it...not such a bad idea...

:) Bit harsh :)

dumbest idea ever man, but whatever floats your boat.

personally i love regens and cant wait till 4/5 seasons down the line and you start to introduce your young gem to the first squad and he becomes a legend over time

Agreed. I don't even start with real players. It's great to make your own stars.

It's fair to say that the idea hasn't gone down as well as hoped, but probably about time people laid off te OP tbh.

He voiced his opinion by throwing out his ridiculous ideas, and people have responded with their own individual opinions of how ridiculous those claims actually are.

This is the basis of an interactive opinion sharing community known as a forum. No malicious slandering has occured towards the OP.

Malicious slandering is not needed to belittle somone, which is against forum rules. A lot of the comments in this thread will only serve to make the OP look stupid e.g.

"I hope you never get a job in which you are required to make important decisions"

It's not big and it's not clever.

Closed as this has turned into drivel. If you don't agree with someone, there is no need to belittle them. This is a forum afterall where people share their ideas, so don't post rude replies just because you don't like the idea.

Archived