how i can play my save game on another computer?

My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009 > Games.

The save file you need will be in there, just copy and paste it into the same folder on the new computer once you've installed FM09.

The only difference will be if you've carried on from the demo, in which case the save file will be in the Games folder of the Football Manager 2009 Demo folder.

Hey, just wondering if someone is able to help.

I had to reinstall FM09, I saved the file in My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009 > Games onto a USB key, however, when I've gone to load it back up, nothing happens.

I saw something about the data base, however I use using the defult one, so this shouldn't make a difference if I use the same one...right?

If anyone is able to help, that would be great, thanks.

Hey, just wondering if someone is able to help.

I had to reinstall FM09, I saved the file in My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009 > Games onto a USB key, however, when I've gone to load it back up, nothing happens.

I saw something about the data base, however I use using the defult one, so this shouldn't make a difference if I use the same one...right?

If anyone is able to help, that would be great, thanks.

Make sure the game is patched to the same version that the game in question was saved in. For example, if you saved that game in 9.2, it won't load in 9.1 or 9.0.

Make sure the game is patched to the same version that the game in question was saved in. For example, if you saved that game in 9.2, it won't load in 9.1 or 9.0.

Thanks, pretty sure I used the 9.1 patch, and thats what I'm using now, although I'll check now.

Edit - Yep that was it, appears to be working now, cheers for the help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, My old pc died on me, but I managed to save the saved game data and database I created which the save is based on. I've now got myself a new pc, transferred the diles over to the same places they were before, db in the db folder and saved game in the games folder.

However I get the error that FM was not able to find the database etc and my game doesn't load!

Help!! I've played it for abt 5 season plus now and it's horrible to have to start from scratch again!

Started the game in 9.1, and since then updated to 9.2 on the old pc and updated my install on teh new one to 9.2 as well. Would really really appreciate some help here!

Welshace means that you need to have the same patch or a later one to play the game. For example a game played on the 9.1.0 version of the game could not be played on the 9.0.0 version. So if have the 2nd game patched to 9.2.0 then that should not be a problem.

Ok I think that since I seem to have followed all the suggestions etc with no luck, I'm jsut gonna wait till 9.3 comes out and start a new game then, rather than starting a enw one now ;-D Looking forward to the release with great anticipation now! Maaaaaaybe now I can actually get some work done once in a while, haha!

Archived