so frustrating selling the family silver **CONTAINS PLAYER NAMES**

first I love this game and in my opinion is the best in the series so far.

Anyway to my point

i decide to have a crack at Daguge luton challenge. 1st Season i manged to get a lot of good young players on free's including my monster Serbian target man Injac an my speedy Paraguian Acuna. my tactics are built around Injac long balls to his head 2 fast players playing off him. he struggled 1st half of the season but 2nd half came alive scoring 8 in his last 10. We went on a 11 game unbeated run finishing a respectable 19th. i've enjoyed it so much I've now turned this into my main game. So summer comes I sign some real quality players Van der meyde, jerome thomas, kid from R.madrid and david prutton as well as some good loans kids from Chelsea. The title is a real possiablity (tbh I should walk it with my squad)

however Nick Owen (my chairman and a tv presenter here in the uk) decides that £950,000 is too good to turn down for Injac from Blackburn and ofcourse he goes. Owen wants promotion this season but now has accepted a bid of £2million for Acuna. now I'm not complaning this would happend in real life but it so frustrating when they sell the family silver. I'll have to re-work my whole tactics as they was built on these 2 guys. Owen stick to TV and leave the football to the experts. I slated him in the press conference now my other players are unhappy with me for it.

love future version to have an option to resign or for your fans to come out and stick up for you.

Well back to the drawing board tactics wise as there now target men out there to fill injac boots.

There is an option to resign, it's just not linked up to the chairman's decision to sell your players!

I assume, judging from your report, that you are in League 2, in which case £2 million is an insane amount of money! Surprising too that you could attract the players you did, and that a Serbian and a Paraguayan willing to play at that level would get work permits!

It's unlucky but these things happen. I snapped up a promising striker on a free in Div2B in Spain and he almost single-handedly got us promotion, before a bid of a couple million saw the board intervene and sell him off. He's now a 'wonderkid' at Bayern Munich and worth $84mil with 11 caps for Spain at 20 years old. Perhaps the best striker I've seen in FM09. In this case, I perhaps have to admit the sale was justifiable as we were a poor club with no idea he'd be this good in 3 years, so I am content with the sale. And in general, I'm a fan of this board intervention, however perhaps it needs to be tweaked to ensure that decisions on star players are left to the manager, and that when a team is newly promoted the board takes into consideration the requirement to keep these players and that the extra revenue will mean selling a good player is not worthwhile. Also the potential for promotion and lack of depth needs to be considered- a brilliant example of this is when I was leading the league and hence looking odds-on for promotion to the top flight, when in mid-season the board intervened on bids for my 2 central midfielders who were leagues ahead of my other midfielders, meaning I had to play a youngster and a winger out of position to barely scrape through by a few points. For the record, one of these mids is now also a wonderkid -_- This is the only case that has really annoyed me because it seems so unrealistic, unambitious and really impractical

Or perhaps a general tweak just needs to be made to the acceptable value? I'm sure SI understand our issues with this however, and like all facets of the game I have no doubt it will continue to be improved upon

Here's a little trick i found:

Any players you don't want to sell, at any cost, set them to an asking price of "£0". You'll get lots of offers all the time, which can be annoying, but they'll all be £0 meaning your board won't sell any of your top players in the way you described. That's how i've protected my players in previous editions anyway.

Here's a little trick i found:

Any players you don't want to sell, at any cost, set them to an asking price of "£0". You'll get lots of offers all the time, which can be annoying, but they'll all be £0 meaning your board won't sell any of your top players in the way you described. That's how i've protected my players in previous editions anyway.

The consequences of doing this include: <PLAYER NAME> wants to be able to discuss terms with <TEAM NAME> (especially if they are a higher reputation club). Then he would become unhappy when you reject the offer. And if you set a high asking price, your board may intervene again and accept the new offer

Yeah, it's tough when the board start selling players out from under you. Not all chairmen put success first. In my Lincoln game, I'm happy to say that the chairman hasn't done it yet, but that could just be because I beat them to the punch. He also seems pretty lenient with me going 100% above wage budget so long as I keep producing. My beloved Imps just attained promotion to the Championship.

not complaning just thought I'd share my story afterall I'd have to be pretty mean to not sell him to blackburn. I was suprised i got work permits i'm even more suprised the likes of van der meyde & thomas would sign for me (possiable bug?) I could have resigned but part of the challenge is to create yourself as a sunday league player so i wouldnt get any other jobs as I've not won anything even though i think i've done an excellent job to keep them up. Not all bad still got Acuna and managed to get Steve Kabba on a free went for long ball over the top last game with 3 upfront Thomas got hattrick and Kabba grab 2 in a 5-0 deafeat of Tranmere every cloud and all that. But the vultures are circling and my 2 promosing full backs are now targets just hope i can keep some sort of team together why dont they want to buy my crap :)

My fans player of the year at Boavista was a young left winger named Sidnei, he was valued at £2.1m and the chairmen goes over my head to accept a £2.8m offer from rivals Sporting CP.

The very next message in the inbox is a £3.2m offer from Sampdoria for a 33 year old donkey valued at £900k and the chairmen fails to utter so much as a peep.

Needs work.

on FM07 Carlos Javier Acuna (who i assume you were talkin about) was playing for my Liverpool team in 2017 - he is immense how the hell did you get him to Luton??!!

not sure he was on a free so just went for him only offered him an average contract aswell. TBH his attributes are not that good apart from his pace. transfer windows passed so got a few months to try an drake up some points before the vultures return.

Archived